Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Red Wing MN-Danbury WI

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 06:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Wing MN-Danbury WI

Does any body know of any trials in the Red Wing area??If so where are they located??
Also how about the Danbury WI area.Is that still open for atv's????

Thanks for all replies

Frank

Old 04-02-2003, 01:42 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know of anything around Red Wing. I was up in Danbury last Sunday and the main trail North of Danbury was temporarily closed due to wet condtions. There is still some riding up there though with the railbed and a couple other trails that poke off of it.

Old 04-09-2003, 02:33 AM
Range Rover

There ain't poo near Red Wing..I graduated from there, and work there currently.
I'm actually looking into buying some land near Northfield and opening an ATV park. Screw the MN legislation and all their stupid laws.
Nothing is more scary than a liberal with a cause.

Out.
Fruit

Old 09-20-2004, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer

I'm from RW also, just south of actually, not anything here legal. There are some local groups that have private land that if you are thier friends they let you ride and have a big party every winter and ride thier land, others just ride the backroads and ditches.

A friend of mine knows of a few trails near Winona, I've been to the Snake Creek trail a couple times with him on his Outty, me on my dirtbike and another friend on his dirtbike, it was a blast, especially when it was muddy.

I'm up for rides on my dirtbike til I get my ATV hopefully in the next 2 weeks, still haven't decided what I'm getting though but I will be up for rides in northern WI as I have relatives with campers and homes there.

We will be going shortly I think, a group of about 5, as soon as I get my ride.....

Old 09-21-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

I wasn in Danbury on Saturday and put down 160 miles on my GPS from Danbury to just north of Solon springs. No trail closures at all that I saw.. it was dusty even in places.. except the dense woods. Danbury is great.. You wont regret it.. you'll need the $18 WS ATV sticker that can be purchased right in Danbury.

Old 09-21-2004, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GrizzlyJim
I don't know of anything around Red Wing. I was up in Danbury last Sunday and the main trail North of Danbury was temporarily closed due to wet condtions. There is still some riding up there though with the railbed and a couple other trails that poke off of it.
You need to start on the trail that begins at the Fishbowl 3 miles north of Danbury.

you went up the Gandy Dancer trail head area..

Old 09-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

the closest trails in MN would be the Trout Valley, Snake Creek, and the Southeast MN Trail. Trout Valley and Snake Creek are just off HWY 61 between Wabasha and Winona. The Southeast MN Trail runs between Altura and Stockton.

Fruitjacket, if you buy some land, make sure you go through the proper channels and get the necessary permits through the county. We don't need another situation like we ran into with Bauer's Pit.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default riding land northfield mn

ever end up getting that land and making trails?

Old 05-13-2018, 08:45 PM
Back Country Explorer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got back from a vacation trip to New Mexico, Arizona and Utah. All of these states have great trails. All of these states have street legal laws. Wouldn't it be great to be able to responsibility ride our machines on secondary roads posted 45 mph or less.

Minnesota does have some local jurisdictions that allow ATV and UTV riding on local roads. I know Watertown does as my friend used to ride his RZR to the gym and back home to his farm. Street legal laws take the pressure off the trails and allows for more riding time.

David

Old 05-13-2018, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by dbj216
I just got back from a vacation trip to New Mexico, Arizona and Utah. All of these states have great trails. All of these states have street legal laws. Wouldn't it be great to be able to responsibility ride our machines on secondary roads posted 45 mph or less.

Minnesota does have some local jurisdictions that allow ATV and UTV riding on local roads. I know Watertown does as my friend used to ride his RZR to the gym and back home to his farm. Street legal laws take the pressure off the trails and allows for more riding time.

David

I live in lake city mn just past red wing mn, we can legally ride certain roads around town but have to have a permit. would be nice to be able to use all snowmobile trails around here cause there is alot of nice trails. nice quad btw

Quick Reply: Red Wing MN-Danbury WI