Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone near Raleigh, Goldsboro, Wilson NC want to trailer to VA or WV?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 03:50 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone near Raleigh, Goldsboro, Wilson NC want to trailer to VA or WV?

I'm just east of Raleigh NC and have just taken a hiatus from work for some unknown amount of time and really wanting to do some trail exploring of the Hatfield McCoy trails in WV and the Spearhead trails in VA on either utility ATVs or dirt bikes. I'd really like to go during the week when there's less trail traffic and dust, also prefer riding with small groups, 2 to 4 ideal but maybe up to 6 quads and at a casual pace.

I've got a 3/4 ton SUV with trailer that can handle up to 6 quads if anyone is interested in trailering together to split fuel and lodging expense. I'm looking at a 4 to 5 day event which would allow 2 or 3 full days of riding the trails. It's a good 5.5 to 8 hour drive to get there from my area depending upon which trail system going to so two days about shot from traveling there and back.

I've ridden the Pinnacle Creek, Indian Ridge and Pocahontas trails several times so looking to explore some of the other trail systems.