Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Don't ride alone!! Very unsafe! Read here

Old 02-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Got about an 1/8th inch of freezing rain. Didn't cause any problems other than driving. I went out when it was about 33 degrees. Roads were treated and in good shape. Didn't stop a massive pileup a couple towns over. People never learn.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

Had AAA for years when wife was working. Turned out to be a joke, they only tow 5 miles for free (nearest service) hen you pay for the rest of the tow. Needed jump start for wifes van, they only pay up to 50 for a jump. The actual bill was 75 so our of pocket there. Had an accident, other persons fault, called to get car towed, ended up paying for it out of pocket until settlement with Ins co. Bad part about AAA is when you really need them they arent around. Neighbor needed them for jump in extreme cold...wait was 4 hrs unless you paid a 50 dollar emergency fee then it would be only an hour. I know carry roadside service under my auto ins....free tow up to 20 miles, will tow up to 200 miles if our of state. Flat repair and battery jump within 1 hr! Total cost is 30 per year for both vehicles and only 35 for my motorhome. Better coverage and less cost

Old 02-07-2019, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

Forgot to add...you can only get towed 3 times in a 1 yr period or the premium goes sky high. Most people cancel if they use there servive more than 3 times due to rate hike

Old 02-07-2019, 05:50 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I pay $7 every 6 months for towing. I don't need it often but I got my truck towed to the dealer once last year or the year before. It's just 4 miles to the only GM dealership left in the city and it didn't cost anything. I don't know how far they'll tow it without charging me extra.

I got yesterday's mail today and there was at least 1/2" of ice on the ground. Later I put on my Ice Walker cleats to get today's mail and I salted the sidewalk. I used more salt in 10 minutes than I used all last year or the year before. Everything on the cab of my truck melted yesterday and slid down on the windshield. I cleaned off what was left on the windshield and hood, but not the truck cap. I'll have to wait for it to melt.

I bought these cleats years ago for ice fishing. The edges were cut off square when they made them but I filed both edges of each corner down to 45 degrees to make them sharp. The hard part is walking on my tiptoes from the chair I sat in to put them on until I got outside. Then I tiptoed back in and sat down to take them off. I tried walking on my heels and felt like I was going to fall down.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Covell-Ice-Walker-Quick-Clip-Cleats-Order-4-Fits-All-Sizes/1921812216