Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking for private land to ride near southern ocean county NJ. 1 Adult and 1 child.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 03:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for private land to ride near southern ocean county NJ. 1 Adult and 1 child.

Hey everybody, My name is Tom and I’m looking for a private place in or around southern ocean county to take my daughter to learn to ride her new kfx50. I am from forked river and have some spots to take her that aren’t legal where I grew up riding but I’m hoping I can find someone with some extra land that may allow us to come in on sundays and mondays sometimes to get her acclimated in a safe environment until she feels ok with riding at more public places around others. It would be just my daughter and I and possibly a spectator or two. Thanks everyone !

Last edited by Tmackie217; 03-04-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Title change
Old 03-05-2019, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Good luck....it seems everuone is afraid of being sued nowadays, hard to find any land for recreational use. Other peoblem is trash, people come in and trash other peoples property so folks just close it off. Hope you find something but not gonna bet on it.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

I completely understand all those arguments. Unfortunately the people who don’t care or appreciate what’s available to them ruin it for us all. I’ve always brought trash cans back out to any site we’ve ridden that needed a cleanup and my daughter enjoys cleaning up with me luckily lol. People are definitely to sue happy these days. Ive had plenty of spills and injuries out in the woods, never once thought about suing anyone. It’s a shame some people operate this way for sure.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:18 PM
Country Rider

Originally Posted by Tmackie217
I completely understand all those arguments. Unfortunately the people who don’t care or appreciate what’s available to them ruin it for us all. I’ve always brought trash cans back out to any site we’ve ridden that needed a cleanup and my daughter enjoys cleaning up with me luckily lol. People are definitely to sue happy these days. Ive had plenty of spills and injuries out in the woods, never once thought about suing anyone. It’s a shame some people operate this way for sure.
very well said. This is how a lot of us feel. Im guessing you dont have anywhere at your house for her to practice then?

Old 03-15-2019, 10:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

In another month we’ll have enough room for her to at least be able to have a little fun in the yard while she’s learning. Once we’re ready to take off the restrictors she’ll probably out grow the yard quick. luckily a friend of ours has a small field we can use until I get our yard cleared up. My goal is to get a few acres or so in a couple years where friends and family will have a place to go.