Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Black River Falls trails SUCK!!! Where else can I go in Wisconsin?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black River Falls trails SUCK!!! Where else can I go in Wisconsin? I heard of a cheese trail something in Monroe county and I've been to the Black river falls trails. Is there anywhere else to ride in Wisconsin?

Old 10-20-2001, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

What didn't you like about B river Falls?? I've never been there, but many have said it's nice...

You could try the Clark County trails just north of there... but they may be similiar to BRF.

Old 10-20-2001, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

We rode about 100 miles of nothing but cramped moguls. A few moguls are OK but 100 miles is a little much. The trails are narrow too so there is no such thing as a casual ride to see the surroundings, it's more like ride like heck to make it go by faster. OH and they are DUSTY!!! I rode int the back because we had some new riders and I could barely see the people riding in front of me.

Old 10-22-2001, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

You might like the Clark Cnty trails better. They are a little north of BRF. They are mostly flat, some decent scenery, but probably are dusty. They are groomed in the winter. I've haard there are some great trails in Northern Wisc, but haven't been to them yet.

Good luck.

Old 10-23-2001, 06:59 PM
Trailblazer

Have you tried Dusty Trails system yet? Its not as dusty as the name implies. I took some leave time from the army and went riding up there in July. We all (family is located up in the trail vicinity) and had a blast. Theres a trailhead in Suring and Mountain that takes you darn near anywhere you want to go. In fact, my 'Zuki is waiting for me up there as we speak. Unfortunatley, it'll be waiting there til spring when I can ride it again. We only had 1 DNR run-in up there and that was when we were ridin down the road (part of the trail) and my headlight was off. A quick check of the license and verify it the headlight was on, we were back in a full swing pursuit of the next beer, err, I mean soda.

One problem I did notice was the obvious speed limit signs. There was only 1 quad in the group that had a speedometer. And it was a POS early 80's Yamaha. Since I can't stand trailing a very soon to be shooting target to sight in our rifles, I'll probably be finding a way to mount a bicycle computer to it. Or get a ram mount for my GPS.

Old 10-23-2001, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

Had also heard BRF had decent trails, I imagine with use and dry weather they would be rather dusty since grass can't grow.Tried the trails (about 30 miles) near and around Birchwood.Range from mainly woods to roads it also connects to the Tuscobia trail which is an abandoned rail grade that is basicaly an atv freeway that goes over to Park Falls with numerous take offs to the Blue Hills area. My girlfriends brother-in-law mentioned the Dead Horse Slough which he said would test anyone which is off the Tuscobia. Iron County trails are supposed to be very good also as most of the snowmobile trails are also atv. Good Luck

Old 10-23-2001, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

I've heard about the trails that used to be a rail road bed but I haven't had been able to find exactly where they are. As far as the BRF trails, the ground is mostly very fine sand where the grass doesn't grow {on the trails}. I figure since it is constantly churned under the tires of the quads and because the sand is already fine from nature it is going to be very powdery. We even went at the end of september so there was moisture in the air and heavy dew on the ground but the trails were still dusty. The good thing about them was that there was only one significant mud puddle. The rest of the ride was mostly mud free. The guys that wanted mud went to this one spot that was 18" deep and just like chocolate frosting. I hate getting my quad in that much mud so we just watched. What ever you guys have done I'm willing to try it out but give more details as to exactly where it is.
Thanks

Old 10-24-2001, 12:04 AM
Range Rover

BRF Sux???? Hmm..I have been looking forward to that for a long time. As for the Cheese Country trails, it's a easy flat railroad bed that starts in Monroe and goes to mineral point for 47 miles.

Rainman

Old 10-24-2001, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

rainman... what's along the way on the cheeseland trail? How are the sights?

Old 10-24-2001, 07:51 AM
Range Rover

If your looking for scenery, the cheese country trail is pretty nice. It's about an hour or so past Rockford. There are 50 or so bridges.

Quick Reply: Black River Falls trails SUCK!!! Where else can I go in Wisconsin?