Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

How were the trails at Wayne?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 09:48 PM
BK
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't get to go this last weekend, but I have Friday off so we're headed down to WNF. We went the last day of the season and the trails were in great shape from the grooming. I was just wondering if they were still pretty smooth or if they were getting rutted again? Also, does every place that sells passes have the season passes as well? Thanks for any input!

Old 04-23-2002, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Trails are still in really good shape, I heard the Dorr Run end was in much worse shape however. The trails did start showing SOME signs of the numerous folks that were there this past weekend, but they are still in pretty good shape. The trails from Williams over to New Straitsville is very fast and smooth. I'm going out on a limb and betting you'll have fun.
Later!

Old 04-23-2002, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

BK

Like Buckeye said, the main corridor and new straitsville loop are both in good shape. We made it over to Dorr Run on Friday and Saturday, but only rode a small section each time. It was definetly rougher than the rest of the trails. It was also degrading faster than the other trails. Dorr Run seemed to be wetter and also was getting more traffic than the other trails. Like I said though, we didn't do the entire loop, so the rest of the loop could be in better shape. There were no major ruts yet, but some spots were getting rocky. As for Trail Permits, the usual cast of vendors has them. Williams Camping, the pop shack at the main corridor parking lot at Monday Creek, and several places in Nelsonville. The seasonal trail permits are a special color this year. I think Buckeye400ex picked them out. I have been wondering about him lately [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . Have a good time and be safe.

Old 04-24-2002, 07:06 AM
BK
Pro Rider

Thanks for the update guys! I've been itching to get back out there since Dec.

Old 04-24-2002, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

BK---- I'll be there on Sat., most likely, unless the monsoons settle in. Trails at Dorr Run get A LOT more use, so they are already showing wear. Where will you camp, or stay? What does your hauler look like? I have a red GMC P-up Ext cab '01, with a small tilt bed trlr(If anyone comes with me).
You ride a 250EX, Right? I now have a red Prairie 650 with "C" series aluminum wheels, and black fender bags(frt).

Old 04-24-2002, 01:03 PM
BK
Pro Rider

We are just going for the day on Friday. My wife has to work Sat. so I get to watch the kids (18 months and 5, which explains why I have to ride a 250EX ). I am looking forward to riding at Wayne on a day when there won't be as many people on the trails, though. We are also going down the week after father's day for the whole week with several families and 11 atvs. Part of what we are going to do Friday is scout out the parts of the system that will be good for the less experienced (like New Straightsville). That means we will have to sacrifice and try to ride as many of the trails as possible in one day!