Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Kansas City Mo.....Northland Riders?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 07:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kansas City Mo.....Northland Riders?

hey jason, my name is james and i live in liberty. i have a z400. i am curiuos of the place you ride south of pleasant valley, unless you dont want to say. i have gone to finger lake, deepwater, merwin, and as far as little sahara. BUT!!!, i wish there was a closer place to ride. i have a friend that has a raptor. we both ride together. i hear the tiffany springs might open up again.

Old 12-22-2002, 07:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey james send me an e-mail i would like to talk with ya sometime about going out and riding.

GT4JB96@aol.com

Old 12-26-2002, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

Just checking in... I recently bought a Polaris 400 and also live north of the river. Any ideas about riding areas would be appreciated.

Anyone ride south of the airport? I'm not sure what the place is called but we use to ride there off-and-on several years ago.

Old 12-27-2002, 09:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

that would be the tiffany springs area that is hopefully going to be opening back up. go to any atv dealership and they have info on the area. you can sign your name and number on a sheet of paper that many other people are signing to get it to open back up.

Old 12-30-2002, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

I am from kansas city, kansas. We ride up at perry lake which is outside of lawrence kansas. It's a good riding area with lots of trails, mud, and hillclimbs. Carbondale has a riding area. It is an old strip mine and there is some very deep water. They charge 7 bucks to ride and it's really not worth it. There is a track that is about 4 blocks from my house that opened. There is a mx track and about 5 miles of trails. They charge 200 bucks a year for a family membership. There is a riding area along the river in eudora that is mostly trails and sand bars. There is pomona lake, it's a nice clear area to ride about 300 acres. There is a riding area in topeka along the river about 4 miles of trails and sandbars to get out on. Council grove lake has a riding area that is small but nice to ride, lots of really steep hill climbs. Tuttle creek lake which is outside of manhattan is an awesome place to ride. There are actually two areas to ride there. One area is for quads and bikes only. The other area is open to anything. There are lots of mud trucks, jeeps, sandrails, bikes, quads and just about anything you can imagine. The park is around 300 acres. Then the best place to ride in kansas is Milford lake. It's about 20 minutes from tuttle creek lake. It's the best place that i've found to ride except for the sand dunes in waynoka oklahoma. There are two areas to ride. There is a track to run on, very, very steep hill climbs, mud, sand and lots of trails. It's a very pretty place to ride and take the old lady if she likes to ride. The area is along the lake and there are some cliffs to ride along. These are all the places i've been too in kansas. I've also been to all the other places listed. There is a riding area in st joe but it has been closed now due to people running up and down the roads. If you guys are willing to drive to iowa to ride take a ride to milford and tuttle creek. You can hit one place on saturday and hit the other on sunday. They are both 1 hour from topeka kansas and about 2 hours from my house in kansas city. Well worth the drive.

Old 01-13-2003, 08:12 AM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok people, I live in south KCMO and I have never heard of most of these places. I ride at Lake Perry about twice a week and it is awsome, but I am geting tired of it. I NEED new places to ride!! Perry is one hour and ten minutes from the Grandview triangle. Its great but I am also tired of going by my self. So if any one has info or a place to ride and needs company, DUDE let me know, I can be thier in like in 2 seconds. Got nothing better to do and no one better to do it with.
Also, can some one give me some info about Finger Lake. I heard about it a week ago. Sounds cool, but I dont know any thing about it. Does it cost to get in? Do you have to have a flag on your quad? How many people are usually thier? Its north of Columbia right? Where? Is it going to be even half way as challenging as Perry?
Let me know any thing you can!!!!

Old 01-24-2003, 11:01 AM
Trailblazer

Hey MurphySlaw,
Me and a buddy just bought a couple of bikes. If you want to go riding some time drop me a line at tkslma@yahoo.com . I live in south KC as well (Raymore) I can be in deepwater in under an hour from my house, but we are always up for riding in other areas as well.

Old 01-24-2003, 05:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, you got it! I am always looking for people to ride with. I'll take you guys up to Perry as soon as the snow melts. Its an hour and ten minuits away and I know some realy kick @ss places to ride thier. Unless you want to go sooner? I am always up for a ride.
Welcome to the forum.

So what did you guys get?

Old 01-24-2003, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys! I am in Lee's Summit, and am always looking for new places to ride and new people to ride with.

Finger Lakes is about 10 miles north of Columbia on Hwy 63. Here is the web address, check it out.

http://www.mostateparks.com/fingerlakes.htm

It is a pretty cool place to ride, but I have never been to Perry so I can't compare the two. It has a lot of trails(some pretty steep and narrow), lots of mud(sometimes too much), a cool MX track, lakes for swimming (if ya get too hot), and a pretty good camp area. $3 to get in, no flag, stay off the roads.

Let me know if anyone wants to ride. I am always ready!!

Old 01-24-2003, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

We are going to Finger Lakes April 5, so get em all ready to ride.

Quick Reply: Kansas City Mo.....Northland Riders?