Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Kansas City Mo.....Northland Riders?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 10:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kansas City Mo.....Northland Riders?

It's about 45 minutes away.

Old 02-11-2003, 02:39 AM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All of you Holt people should know me, I run the green fireworks tent in holt. I bet I gave every one of you the great deal on all of your fireworks! Its Gator Fireworks across from the hotel by the storage place.

Old 02-14-2003, 01:48 AM
Range Rover

Anyone have tips/info for Perry lake? A few friends and I are planning on going Sunday.

Anyone up for it?

Old 02-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer

Me and a buddy went to Perry Lake a few weeks ago (the day it was in the 60's) and i was not impressed at all. too many dirt bikes, too crowded and too small. Went and played in the mud (or should i say clay) a little and got stuck. seemed like you could not got 3 minutes without passing someone else. I usually go to Deep Water and there is no comparison at all. just my 2 pennies.

Old 02-14-2003, 07:26 PM
Range Rover

How small is small? How many miles of trails? Since we are going Sunday and the forecast is for snow Saturday, I don't expect to see many motorcycles.

Your info is appreciated!

Old 02-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer

we were there for an hour and we were ready to go to Deep Water. we will never go back if even we were the only ones there, there is just not a whole lot of room. and the mud is so different, we were not getting stuck because we were too deep in mud. but rather the tires were full of the mud and there was no traction. we are off to Deep Water tommorrow. if you have never been there it is definetly worth the trip.

Old 02-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Range Rover

We went to Perry today. Got there about 10 a.m, brrrrrr was it cold! We were the first ones there (read - only crazy ones to get out in this cold of weather.) With the rain Friday night it was a sloppy, muddy mess! Your right about the mud, it is some sticky gunk.

Not a lot of trails but some really challenging hill climbs... especially in the soup we were ridding in today. I think it would be a different place when it was dry out. We could of attempted a lot more hill climbs. All-in-all not a bad trip. Probably won't go back anytime soon though.

Thanks for the info!

Old 02-18-2003, 12:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

There is an area that was known as "Willow Creek" it is loacated North of I-29 by Corning Mo. I believe it was about 300 to 400 acres. It was purchased by Nebraska Trailriders Association back in 2000. They were trying to get x numbers of members to buy a portion of the land. Then the cost was quit high. They may have lowered it or may charge dailly rates now. I have not been there for awhile. When I was there it was a pretty cool. Trails were tight and rough and a good share of hill climbs also. I am planning on going again sometime this summer. Might check there website.

Also Coucil Bluffs Ia just put in a OHV park. It also is about 300 to 400 acres. It is all Missouri River bottom riding right next to the river. So no major hill climbs unlike Willow Creek. But is a good place to take the beginner or family. Check out Iowa's OHV website for info.

Finger Lakes sounds like a great place. Will have to try to get down there this summer and check it out. How is the camping area? Are there any trails for a beginner rider on a Sprotsman 90?

Old 02-22-2003, 12:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Im going to finger lakes Saturday if my freind dont chick out becuase the weather but there are a lot of easy trails actully there is a lot of everything track, trails, mx, camping, swimming. its a lot of fun i gone 4 times for a couple hours every time and havent seen 1/4 of it but planning on camping these year alot i love it and would go every day if i could

Old 02-27-2003, 10:58 AM
Trailblazer

Deepwater mmmmmm Deepwater.................

Quick Reply: Kansas City Mo.....Northland Riders?