Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

BLACK RIVER FALLS AND CLARK COUNTY ,WISCONSIN

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 09:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BLACK RIVER FALLS AND CLARK COUNTY ,WISCONSIN

Has anyone ridden these trail systems at all, what did you think of them, Is there any challanging areas on systems or are they all fire roads . Thanks for info[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2003, 10:35 PM
Range Rover

Both places are fun, I prefer Clark County. Black River Falls is a more popular area, and is also open to dirt bikes. The trail is sand and can get very rough. Clark County is fire lanes and woods. There are more places to stop and a couple of play area's. In the summer there are a few camp grounds you can ride right from your tent. A great place to stop for lunch is in Rock Dam, they also have gas.

Tim

Old 01-13-2003, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for info, do the clark county trails have alittle bit of everything,hills mud ,is there alot of woods riding ,tight twisty trails, you know the fun STUFF. OH how many miles of trails???? Thanks

Old 01-13-2003, 11:06 PM
Range Rover

No big hills to climb. There is enough woods and turns to make it fun. Some of the big mud holes have been filled, still some left. There are no play area's with mud holes to play in. I wouldn’t consider this area very challenging, just a lot of fun. They are also open in the winter. From Hatfield to Rock Dam is around 35 to 40 miles one way, with other trails off of the main trail. We ride around 100 miles a day.
Stay on the marked trail and have fun.
Tim

Old 01-14-2003, 08:44 AM
Pro Rider

Right now there are no mud holes. <---- (smart a$$). I live about 2 hours north of there but have not been to the trails for atv riding, just sledded there once. I hear in the summer it can be very dusty though.

Old 01-14-2003, 06:58 PM
Range Rover

It's ideal if you have a little rain the night before. The Black River trail is pretty rough, meaning whoops, one right after the other. That can be fun for a while but after awhile, it get tiresome and it goes on for miles. Nice sandy trails though and fun to ride. The Clark County trails are best in my opinion. Talked to some of the club guys there last summer and they stated that the county ( Clark county I'm talking about here) keeps talking about closing the trails because of to much expense in grading down the spin marks. Most of these trails are county with SOME state portions mixed in on the Black River portion anyway I think...Dean

Old 01-15-2003, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer

I rode the clark county trails last october there alot of fun it rained every day i was there so we
didn't have any dust. I would recommend you try them out but hope for a little rain

Old 01-17-2003, 01:53 AM
Range Rover

Hey guys,

Been hanging out in clark county for 10 years. Just recently got a fourwheeler. The trails in Clark are a tone of fun, and the food is great at Rock Dam. There is even a beach there, you might get lucky and find some ladies swimming. :-) We plan on going up there this spring summer for Beaver Days! :-) Should be a good time. I didn't realize Jackson county trails were open to bikes... I'll have to let my buddy know.

-Jared

Old 01-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

I ride in the fairchild area and go all over the tri counts. But BRF was all sugar sand and fun on my sport. BUt other then that its land locked and no tall that many stops. I would goto Clark for sure..

Old 01-18-2003, 05:43 PM
Trailblazer

check out www.bunkhouseretreat.com located on the clark county trail system