Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

are there still places in central/south jersey?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 05:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are there still places in central/south jersey?

I grew up on four wheelers, then moved on to dirtbikes, then motocross untill 2000. Now I'm thinking I'm going to get a quad again this weekend, and I want to see if the good old riding spots are still good or if they're a bust. I'm mostly interested in trails, so I'd like to know if the cops in that area are nice or if they're gonna take my bike without warning.

-Jackson- Behind six flags "the pit"
-Jackson- colliers mills
-Collings lakes- "jumpland"
-franklin twp- unexpected road
-franklin twp- whitehall road
-Chatsworth- the trails that arent on the ORV park property

If alot of these places are patroled heavily maybe I'll reconsider throwing down the cash for a quad.

Old 02-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Trailblazer

hey....just wanted to let you know that jackson police are out in full force so if you could stay away from there. they not only give you a ticket but you now have to go to court...not fun i went through it....There are usually cops in alot of the other places to...You would think that they would have better things to do ....hope that helps... if you really want to ride there are acouple of nice places(legal) in PA......

Old 02-10-2003, 03:57 PM
Trailblazer

How did you get caught? Did you try running? It's been my experience that the cops only throw the book at you if you run from them. In the past, I've gone up to the cop when I see him coming after me, and sometimes he'll just tell me to leave, or even say that I can still ride as long as I'm careful. They see it as a challange when you run from them. I'm just wondering how the cops are in jackson. I was in the trails all day saturday and saw no one.

Old 02-11-2003, 01:19 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Im from south jersey, Where is collins lakes and is it safe to ride there,no cops.

Old 02-11-2003, 02:24 AM
Trailblazer

The pit at collings lakes I think was flattened out. It was a real mess there- burning stolen cars, no track direction, people getting hurt, etc. Once when I was there on my cr125 I ran over a little guy on a kx60 because he was going the wrong way and didnt even see me. I landed on top of him. He was ok, but his father was pissed. When stuff like that happens, it's just a matter of time before they take dozers out there and turn it into a parking lot.
But there are some real good trails in that neck of the woods, and you're allowed to ride on them as long as you don't bother the workers or the troopers doing patrol. It's been so long I don't rememebr how to get there by road. I always rode from my house in vineland all the way through the trails to collings lakes.

Old 02-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Trailblazer

I didn't run...That's why they gave me a fine that was less..$130 compared to $280....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]....But i was also riding clayton pit....they also let me go on not having my bike insured....The day i went to court there were alot of other people that got caught on the same day and they got hammered with th $280 fine....So in a way i lucked out.....