Yamaha Side by Sides Talk about the durable Yamaha Sport and Utility

back fires, spudders, dies while driving

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 03:28 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back fires, spudders, dies while driving

hello every one! I think I have a carb/fuel problem tell me what you all think. I have a 2007 660 used with no mods, 100% bone stock. It was difficult to keep idling so I cleaned the carbs in and out really good, changed fuel filter, and flushed the gas tank and changed the oil because it was sitting for 6 months. At times (4 or 5 times) about ¾ to full throttle especially if I go up a hill while at the beach it would spudder, stall and engine would die. Sometimes I would back fire before dying. It would be difficult to restart after this, have to choke or starter fluid. Then it will start. After the initial start, it is easy to star again no choke. If it was clogged fuel filter, bad gas wouldn’t it do it all the time? I thought of vacuum leaks, so I put my hand over the air intake while running and the air intake boots and hoses flatten out, so I think that is a sign of a good seals, no leaks? I thought of the stock fuel pump, but if going bad, wouldn’t it always act up? Maybe pilot jet on bottom of carb too rich/lean? (never messed with the pilot mixture) Thank you in advance and Happy Easter!!!