Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Finally took the Rappy to the MX track......results.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally took the Rappy to the MX track......results.

Elkas Rock....but i'd probably go with dual rates if your gonna be going back to the track often. shocks with dual rates and triple rates will require you to charge the jump harder and faster(with all those springs it sucks up the jump more...like a big bump) single rates give you better response when pre-loading before the jump. the landings are where dual or triples rates shine. i've got triples now. i would also consider changing a-arms. if your laying out the dough for shocks with your stock a-arms...and decide you'd like it wider upfront later. you'll have to send your shocks back to be revalved. so decide now and save your dough.

FYI: the resivoirs have nothing to do with the length of travel...ressies just hold more oil so when the shocks heat up from all the action on the track...the performance doesn't fade. bottom line: it keeps them cooler. your length is gonna come from the a-arms. and the shock shaft they install for the appropriate a-arm.

I run +3 a-arms up front...what a world of diffrence on the track. you fly into the corner...and when you make your turn. they just keep the front planted while the rear just swings around. no pushing or plowing from all that raptor weight.

congratulations...my first visit to the track changed my life. my bank account has never been the same.

Old 05-23-2003, 08:10 AM
Pro Rider

When you say +3 do you mean +3 on each side or a total of 3"???? I have a Durablue Eliminator 2+2 so does that mean I should get a +2 a-arm???? You see I can kinda finely space the rims with the eliminator axle????

Old 05-23-2003, 09:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Delta, yes it +3 per side.

I have dual rate Axis on mine, with the front end set-up like yours. I had these shocks set-up for +3 inch a-arms. I figured the added width, off the offset, they would need to be valved heavier. They are a little soft, but I like them like that for the sand. And if I ever did get into MX I could always change them.