Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee owners!!!, i need your help

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 11:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee owners!!!, i need your help

i really need ur help, i currently own a 1985 LT250R and for the past 2 weeks iv wanted a banshee and completely stoped riding my LT.so this winter im probly goina buy a 03 Banshee, but i wanna know alot about this bike. is it worth is price, deos it handle good(trail, jumping, and suspention)how is there traction, and how is there top speed compared to other quads?

please feel free to give me any other comments about it.

Old 06-04-2003, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

You are very "consistant".. it is annoying how you post the same queston TEN TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just buy it, if you dont like it...sell it

Old 06-04-2003, 11:18 PM
Range Rover

no one is giving me answers

Old 06-04-2003, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

keep the LT. dont want to sell a piece of history!! then find a used shee see how u like it.. and then sell the one u dont like!

Old 06-04-2003, 11:26 PM
Range Rover

I also am selling to get a banshee. From what i have heard from the people that have Banshee's they really like them. It really depends on where you are going to ride. Banshee's best enviroment is the sand dunes, that is where i am going to ride it and everybody at the dunes that has one claims that they are very fast because they can hook-up on the sand, also the say they have good handling and they are moderatly good for jumping if you are light, or if you have aftermarket shocks. They are not the best on trails because there power band causes the tires to just spin and the quad slides around and is hard to control. If you are mainly doing trail riding get a 400ex, z400, YFZ 450 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], or if you want to put some money in a-arms and axals..you could get the Rapter. In my opinion, don;t get the banshee if you are not riding at the dunes. get the others stated above if you are a "all-around rider".

Old 06-04-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Again???

Ok, I have owned a raptor, a DS650, and two banshees in the last two years. I ride almost all sand dunes, and a few desert trips thrown in. The best handling in my opinion was the ds, and then I like the banshee. It is really personal preference, that is why alot have not answered. Some like the narrow seat on the raptor, some prefer the wider one on the ds or banshee.

They are all different machines and all have highs and lows, the high for the banshee is the engine, in stock form it will keep up with all the newer 4 strokes, but when the mods begin it will be in the lead, that is in straight line drag racing or hill shooting. However the 4's are starting to catch up.

I am not a big jumper, but hit a few little ones now and then. It does fine for me, but if catching major air all the machines will need better shocks setup for your weight and type of riding.

The 4 strokes are much easier to ride on the trails from what i hear, again I ride dunes and wide open desert. I do believe that the banshee can be setup better for trail riding and hear that when done right they are very nice on the trails.

Top speed is the same or very close to all the top sport quads built today.

Traction issue has been stated before, in loose stuff they spin alot, but it works well for the banshee. It is a hill climbing beast. If you are in sand with paddles the banshee works very well. It is a blast in the desert also.

I believe they are worth the money, but you are talking about a quad, it is a hobby and if you are going to be in debt for the rest of your life for a quad I would not do it probably.

I hope this answers your questions, and if not just bring this post back up to the top, no need to start three on the same topic.

Bat

Old 06-05-2003, 12:35 AM
Range Rover

instead of re-posting, up up up

Old 06-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Range Rover

how do u bring it back to the top