ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Riding wheelis on Raptor in 3rd gear (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/104990-riding-wheelis-raptor-3rd-gear.html)

GYTR 06-22-2003 12:32 AM

Riding wheelis on Raptor in 3rd gear

What is there something wrong with my raptor? I can only pull it up in 2 with gas only. I can pull it up in 3 if i pull on the handle bars. I weigh 160

ALIENraptor 06-22-2003 02:24 AM

I have to pull also in 3rd, and muscle it in 4th or if im shifting hard it'll come up in every gear. I dont think theres anyhting wrong with urs, but if you like wheelies put a 12 tooth on.

RockyLou 06-22-2003 02:48 AM

I usually don't like doing wheelies in 3rd gear. That's a bit faster than 2nd or first, I don't want to screw up my quad. I do them every once in awhile though, not the easiest put its pretty cool.

I usually do wheelies in 2nd gear. I find a little bump or something in the ground and launch off of it so i dont have to nail the gas everytime. Easier on the quad.

ALIENraptor 06-22-2003 02:58 AM

I never keep 4 wheels on the ground. I love to jump, wheelie, anything. I like to remeber my bikes for the performance they have and how far they can go, I love takin my bike to the extreme and going out the next day knowin i did this or that. I think you become a better rider and have more respect for your quad and learn to take care of it and fix any problems that may arise.

RockyLou 06-22-2003 03:21 AM

Yeah I agree. I just got this and I really messed up my blaster and had a lot to restore on it. I want to keep my raptor in good shape for a while and not destroy it. I always do wheelies and jump though too.

ALIENraptor 06-22-2003 03:33 AM

What happened to ur blaster if i may ask?

Ugintel 06-22-2003 03:37 AM

I'm on 2 wheels more often then I'm on 4 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

RockyLou 06-22-2003 03:51 AM

Well I really didn't take care of it. I went through all of the mud puddles I could, do a lot of wheelies. I flipped it around 5 times or so. Must of what had happened to it was because of being inexperienced and not having brakes. I didn't really manage it well though. Never cleaned the air filter or cleaned it really lol.

F8LRAPTOR 06-22-2003 06:54 PM

stoppie, i was testing to make sure my float level was set right and i was under full throttle and it was carrying the tires about 1 foot off the ground and i hit a traction area and it cam up to quick to tap the brake and broke the grab bar off and the exhaust made it start flipping

now i have a plus six swing arm, and i still have to sit up on the seat in sand on the nitrous

RepTaR660r 06-22-2003 08:41 PM

you mean yalls front wheels touch the ground when yall ride ? that is soooo strange....