ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Just smoked a 2002 mustang gt (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/108195-just-smoked-2002-mustang-gt.html)

slapahobanshee 07-15-2003 03:17 AM

Just smoked a 2002 mustang gt

they wanted my shee in the club to race imports but the challenge was the gt

Polarisdudee 07-15-2003 03:20 AM

lol, musta been sweet. but of course u should smoke it. HUGE diff in power to weight. in long run the stang would fly by. and plus the new GT's r an embarressment to the mustang name, with there small 4.8litre V-8's....what a disgrace, my moms old 86GT cobra had way more power than the new GT's. after 96 or 97 the power the stang went down.

slapahobanshee 07-15-2003 03:22 AM

it was great had him by 5 car links

caliraptor 07-15-2003 03:24 AM

Originally posted by: Polarisdudee
lol, musta been sweet. but of course u should smoke it. HUGE diff in power to weight. in long run the stang would fly by. and plus the new GT's r an embarressment to the mustang name, with there small 4.8litre V-8's....what a disgrace, my moms old 86GT cobra had way more power than the new GT's. after 96 or 97 the power the stang went down.
Actually the GT has a 4.6...the 4.8 is from chevy..thats what my 2003 GMC Sierra has

Polarisdudee 07-15-2003 03:26 AM

lol, i dunno what i was thinken, cant help it...its 12:30am right now... stupid ford doesnt wanna bring back the 5.0......bastards....

slapahobanshee 07-15-2003 03:26 AM

i had a friend with a 91 stang that would go

Polarisdudee 07-15-2003 03:36 AM

before my family moved to alberta, we lived in BC and my parents owned a 1993 GT cobra(blue), i think it was a special edition. i think i was around 4 or 5 when they bought it. can barely remember, i know we have some old pics of it in a photo album. was dissapointed when i learned they were gonna trade it in for a freaken MINI van. in 95 or 96. but a month after. they bought the 1986 GT cobra. the original owner was a friend of the family. he lived in BC when he bought it. never rode it in the rain. awsome condition. was white with a black stripe down the center of it. was an awsome car. but in 99, pissed me off that my parents sold it to some highschooler. i know for sure they got a lot from it, had no rust and my dad loved taken care of it. but he didnt baby it, he rode it every day. but i remember the reason was cus of the insurance (stupid) they were payen over 2x the amount they paid for the van. kinda sad, really wished we still had it, now that car freaken moved. And last year my mom was looken for a new mustang. she ended up buyen a 2003 mustang. the V-6 package(dark blue, more like navy blue). costed about 20k(canadian) she wanted the GT, but it went for 38k, she didnt wanna spend that much. and great thing is. i get to drive it since its the only car we have, and i have my learners. all 3 stangs were manual, crap if u buy a auto for a sport car, its an embarrassment to the name. gonna try and find some pics of the two earlier stangs in the photo albums...and get em scanned, cus they were nice

yaaaaaa 07-15-2003 03:38 AM

Yeah I beleieve it was in 95 was the last year for the 5.0 and even then they were hard to find, really a sad story.

slapahobanshee 07-15-2003 03:39 AM

yep

ShadyRascal 07-15-2003 10:57 AM

Stock for stock, the new 4.6 2 valve GT will run away from that 5.0 '86 that has tiny heads and a bad fuel injection unit. They will also run away from the later year 5.0's with mass air. The 5.0 is good to have if you like to modify it, as you can build a ton of power with all the stuff available. The modular motors in the new ones are extremely expensive to modify. But if you do, you can't blow one up with the deep skirt block and cross bolted mains, better quality crank & rods etc. Go jump in a 385 horse 4 valve 4.6 Cobra with factory supercharger and you'll see the whole world differently. The 5.0 was designed in 1960 coming out originally as a 221, (then 260 then 289 then 302) and the 4.6 is today's technology bottom to top. Yes it's sad for nostalgia's sake that you can't buy a new pushrod V8 from Ford that you can easily turn wrenches on now, but you can buy a new Mustang Cobra IRS that's better than any muscle car from all the fabled "old days". Yes I own a Mustang GT (1990), yes I have built a ton of Ford engines, yes I know of what I speak. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]