Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Stock Banshee Vs Stock Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 11:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Banshee Vs Stock Raptor

was a 80 year old woman riding the shee because I just beat her on my Moto-4. lol

Old 08-01-2003, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

no she was 93
LOL
no it was my friend he is 17
6'1" 150 he is skinny as hell

Old 08-01-2003, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

yeah every one knocks the banshee in these comparisons. maybe not in this particular thread, but in many others. It's an argument that never ends. i dont know why. hey, can your stock raptors run with a stock quadzilla? oh that's right- they cant. But the banshee has run right under it in top speed since its creation in 1987. nothing has really changed on the banshee in the last 16 years except colors, handle bars, control levers, the tailight/brake light, tires and upper a arms. so why all of a sudden do people "LMFAO" at the banshee? right now, disagree or not, I dont care - its the fastest quad out there. my stock banshee has tore @ss on many modded, hotshot quads. They laughed when it was at the starting line, but they werent laughing when they LOST badly...I have yet to see a stock raptor beat a stock banshee...at least mine....but i guess the rider makes the race...

Old 08-01-2003, 01:27 AM
Range Rover

Coo; BigScary yer Raptor must be blazin

Old 08-01-2003, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

I will say my stock Raptor was faster than the stock Banshees I had raced. Stock for stock it could go either way and the reason I say this is because both average a top speed of anywere from 71 to 75 mph. You can take two stock Raptors and one will be Faster than the other; you can also take two stock Banshees and one will be faster than the other. Some Raptors produce more power than some Banshees and some Banshees produce more power than some Raptors; these bikes are so close in speed and HP that if the riders are equal that slightly more power(MAYBE YOUR BANSHEE OR RAPTOR IS THE ONE PRDUCING MORE THAN THE OTHER BANSHEE OR RAPTOR YOU WERE RUNNING) will decide which will win. I hope this makes since. Slim

Old 08-01-2003, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SLIM660
I will say my stock Raptor was faster than the stock Banshees I had raced. Stock for stock it could go either way and the reason I say this is because both average a top speed of anywere from 71 to 75 mph. You can take two stock Raptors and one will be Faster than the other; you can also take two stock Banshees and one will be faster than the other. Some Raptors produce more power than some Banshees and some Banshees produce more power than some Raptors; these bikes are so close in speed and HP that if the riders are equal that slightly more power(MAYBE YOUR BANSHEE OR RAPTOR IS THE ONE PRDUCING MORE THAN THE OTHER BANSHEE OR RAPTOR YOU WERE RUNNING) will decide which will win. I hope this makes since. Slim
it makes tons of sence........and I totally agree
I am the reason that My friend sold his rappy
he had a pro flow, DMC Alien exhaust and, dynojet kit(it was done properly I did the plug test on it)
and all I had was the jet kit and the baffle removed from my stock exhaust........and Mine beat him all day long. Needless to say, he was upset, he put all of that money into his bike and it still wasn't faster than my almost stock one............
I'm not tryin to say mine is the fastest stock rappy ever......I'm trying to concur with Slim

twentycharacters,
truth be known I want to sell my rappy to get a shee. They have more straight line potential and that is what I like. and they are more easily and less expensively modded........
I like them

but I have out ran 3 of them.......
NO JOKE!

Old 08-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

I must have one of those fast stock shee's I have never been beat by a stock bike......I know what you mean about people laughing at the line!...I hate to put pipes on mine because of the fact I love to see someones face after I smoke that a@@ on a bone stock bike!

Old 08-01-2003, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SLIM660
I agree completely... On a side note thats why those that are serious about racing get their engines blue printed. This usually does a lot to increase the performance of ATV's and motocross bikes. The reason why you could have the same ATV engine put out more hp than another one sitting right beside it on the assembly line is because when engines are made they are developed by the masses. You can have one engine cyclinder that was pressed wrong, crooked, Intake/Ports aren't evenly balanced. These minute differences speak volumes at 7,000 -9,000 RPMs. A small difference in angle or clearance between piston and head can add a hp or two and alter the powerband. This happens even more substantially in sport bikes. Blue printing is basically taking the measurements of your cylinder and making sure every angle of every port, intake, height, width, is exactly like it should be (to spec). In my opinion it makes a better peformance gain to do this too 2 strokes than 4 strokes and this is often overlooked. Thats why you often see different variations between different banshees and there performance. So to assume your stock raptor can take all stock banshees or vice-versa is pretty rediculous.

Old 08-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

It could go either way. They run within a tenth in 300 ft. It comes down to driver and type of surface you're runnin on.

Old 08-04-2003, 02:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: StockRappy
a shee is faster in top end.
LMFAO!
i would like to race this guy ....LMFAO !!!! (rappy)

Quick Reply: Stock Banshee Vs Stock Raptor