Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

replacing raptor clutch, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing raptor clutch, HELP!

Originally posted by: Flynbryan
Hey guys I've talked to some of you who have put aftermarket clutches in your raptors, and need to ask a question. When you put your new clutch in did you put the wire spacer(goes in front of the 2nd fiber plate in the stock clutch, they call it a cushion of some sort) back in when putting the aftermarket clutch in? I put it in mine when replacing the clutch, and now after spending all that time to swap it out the stinkin' thing will not engage all the way!!! When I put it in gear it rolls forward(with the clucth to the grip) like I don't even have it pulled in at all. Guys I'm no rookie here, I've replaced about 30 some clutches in dirtbikes so we can rule out just lack of experience. Does anyone have any knowledge, prior experiences to share with me? I'm going to pull it all back apart next week, and remove the wire spacer. Hopefully that will solve my problem. Thanks in advance.
My Raptor clutch was the first one I did and to tell you the truth, I dont have a clue what you are all talking about when you say wire spacer, because I didnt see anything in there but the clutch and clutch plates and mine worked the first time...... Is it something I left out????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] But it has not gave me any problems since.... Oh and the clutch plates with the bigger diameter,,,,..... didnt notice that either..... Just got lucky I guess. Or I am out for a good lesson to learn.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing raptor clutch, HELP!

THe last time I installed my clutch pack it had been apart about a week and I suppose the fibers had dried out a bit. The clutch did not work correct for about an hour or so....dragging bad.