Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What DONT you like about those YFZ's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 07:52 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What DONT you like about those YFZ's?

After some seat time on selectors, I will tell you what I don't like about them:
There is not one in my garage.
I must admit, I am not a Yamaha guy, I think they have bad customer service, and for some reason I just don't bleed blue. I am not brand loyal, I have owned a yammy, a cannondale, a polaris, honda, and suzuki. For some reason, I just couldn't picture myself on another Yamaha.
NO MORE, that is one bad *** quad, it handles as good , if not better than my ex(with aftermarket suspension), it is in a completely different league powerwise, and it weighs less than a 250R.
If you bash this bike, your head is up your ***...

Old 09-15-2003, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

oNLY PROBLEM IS I WANT ONE..

oH ONE MORE THING,THE HANDLEBARS ARE TOO LOW,BUT I PUSHED THEM UP THIS WEEKEND,(MY BUIDDIES YFZ WE PUSHED IN)

Old 09-15-2003, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer

I agree that the handle bars are to low.
How did you rasie them?

Old 09-15-2003, 08:18 PM
Trailblazer

Damn My bad.
Stupid question.

Old 09-15-2003, 08:39 PM
Range Rover

While at Silver Lake Dunes last weekend I had a chance to ride a YFZ around for a very short while. Not long enough to say whether I liked the performance or not. It seemed to rev good. The acceleration was less than desireable. Im not saying it was slow, the kid had V paddles on it anyway, but didnt seem any faster than my Raptor.

Mainly I thought it to be uncomfortable. Too small for me. JMO.

By the way, thanks for letting me ride it man! If you ever get on the forums and read this.

This kid was doing CRAZY tricks in the air on it. No wonder the swingarm was cracked!

Old 09-15-2003, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

For all of you who think the prices are great, check out some of the shops in Mississippi like this one. http://www.lakehillmotors.com/yamahaatvs.html Then tell me if the MSRP is great. Here in Houston its MSRP for a raptor, doesn't matter if its '03 or '04. Now check out his price. ''04 Raptor 660R $5599.99 I too agree that price is too high. I don't think its yamaha, I think its the dealers. If dealer x sells his raptor for $5600 and yamaha's MSRP is $6499 or whatever, just imagine what cost of yamaha to make the quad is...has to be under $5600 by a decent amount for them to make profit. This is how I See it anyway. This is not the only shop in Mississippi like this either. Now why they are cheap at some of these shops, I have no clue but my friends have always bought from Miss. because of the good deals. Anyway, I Know we were talking about the YZF but it is discounted too!!!

Old 09-15-2003, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Sandneck, it's light but it still heavier than a 250r, even with the kick start kit. Not by much though.
I would like to have one in my garage keeping the R company.

Old 09-15-2003, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

i think the price is worth it think of the stuff it has on it the carb, the expensive shocks, wider aarms. it rocks in stock form and with a 3 dollar jetting change its awesome i think you get what you pay for just look at the test they did lol i know dw is a bad example but whatever they spent a whole bunch of money on a z400 for a 440 kit and elkas and the less expensive yfz450 was still better just my 2 cents. but the one thing i don't like is that hot head pipe

Old 09-15-2003, 11:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The seat is hard like a rock...and the price is quite high.

You can get a Raptor for $6000 out the door.

YFZ is around $7400 or more here in WV, out the door.

That's a $1400 difference....and I'm sure with that dough, you can build a Raptor to beat a YFZ.

Old 09-15-2003, 11:49 PM
Range Rover

My best friend has one and I love it. The only thing that we found wrong is the seat latch. He broke his after only his first wreck. Not sure if its a design flaw or just a perfect hit but thats the scoop. Im gonna get one next year for sure