Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What DONT you like about those YFZ's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What DONT you like about those YFZ's?

I can almost gaurantee that dollar for dollar, Selectors quad would put the hurt on just about anything out there, on the track on the strip or on the sand.
Hmm... hope you don't see any of those $3500 Cannibals out there that has seen a trip to Southbaymoto - total cost ... about the 7 grand that the YFZ cost. Dollar for dollar, I don't think you got a chance. JMHO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2003, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

The only problem with that statement is that, it is not true, they say the price is 6,500 and they dont tell you all the other fees involved in getting the quad out of the door to your garage. I payed that price for my YFZ and I think every penny was worth it. I have no regrets.

Old 09-16-2003, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Atkins450
Yamaha isnt selling the only quads made so its not like they have a monopoly on the business. They are competing with all the other manufacturers too. The reason why it is good to pay more for a quad is because if everyone buys expensive quads over cheaper quads, that tells the manufacturers that people want better, faster quads. But if everyone went and bot the cheapest quads made, then that would tell them that we want cheaper quads so theyll start 'cheapening' the quads to make them less expensive.
A very perceptive young man. If bottom dollar were everything, we'd have stopped evolving at the Warrior. (sorry warrior fans).

Old 09-17-2003, 12:20 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Thomez,
You could be right. I have not seen one of those. I believe that Sandgod got one and Buddah has the YFZ, so maybe they could answer that. I do know that I would rather have a quad from a company that is still in business.

Old 09-17-2003, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

Understandable I guess. At the moment ATK is handling parts and is probably as fast or faster than Yamaha on getting them though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I don't think a stock YFZ can handle a SBM Stage IV Cannibal ... they are said to put about 50 HP to the wheels. Plus, with that they do a dependability upgrade all through the motor so it is probably as dependable as a YFZ after that as well. Just saying that dollar for dollar you'd have a tough time competing. But yeah, they aren't in business. If so, it would cost about 3500 more for the Cannibal. Take advantage while you can [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]