Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee or Yfz 450

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee or Yfz 450

yea theyre faster, thats y a yfz cant touch my R[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Also the banshee is heavier but put around $800 into each one and we'll see who cant touch who

Old 09-23-2003, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

and 2-strokes are only as unreliable as the owner

Old 09-23-2003, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CrAcKhEaD
yea theyre faster, thats y a yfz cant touch my R[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].
I wouldn't bet on that. Maybe you should show up to Glamis during the FSW III in January, And I'll show you what a slighty modified YFZ will do against your fully modified 265R.

Old 09-23-2003, 10:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Went down to the dealer today checked out a yfz there very nice going to buy one probably if this guy buys my shee.

Old 09-23-2003, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

''I wouldn't bet on that. Maybe you should show up to Glamis during the FSW III in January, And I'll show you what a slighty modified YFZ will do against your fully modified 265R''

Fully modified??? lol! good one man

Old 09-23-2003, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha4eva
2 strokes are faster? thats why a banshee cant even touch a yfz450...i hate 2 strokes because they are so god d@mn unreliable
Dude, just stop with these posts, a banshee is slightly faster than a yfz, by 3mph, how is it that a banshee cant touch a yfz? and that 2stroke you have is so unreliable prolly cause you dont know how to take care of it,or you put unmixed gas in it..lol.if you dont think 2strokes are faster, then take a 450 banshee and then line it up with the yfz, same ccs, and the banshee is faster, duh. Now you yfz fans dont take this post the wrong way, i love the yfz and would get one except that the only problem is with it is that its.............. to expensive for me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2003, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CrAcKhEaD

Fully modified??? lol! good one man
Ok than, Your slightly modified bike......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2003, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hondaracer305
2 strokes are faster? thats why a banshee cant even touch a yfz450...i hate 2 strokes because they are so god d@mn unreliable
Dude, just stop with these posts, a banshee is slightly faster than a yfz, by 3mph, how is it that a banshee cant touch a yfz? and that 2stroke you have is so unreliable prolly cause you dont know how to take care of it,or you put unmixed gas in it..lol.if you dont think 2strokes are faster, then take a 450 banshee and then line it up with the yfz, same ccs, and the banshee is faster, duh. Now you yfz fans dont take this post the wrong way, i love the yfz and would get one except that the only problem is with it is that its.............. to expensive for me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
stock for stock I think the yfz would out run the banshee until top end dude.......then it would take the shee some time ta catch back up........

Old 09-24-2003, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

well unless ur squeezin nos i dont think you have a chance, i raced a modded yfz already it had a pipe, no lid, jetted, and cam mod (what ever that is) and i constantly beat it by atleast 3-4 bikes on asphalt, 2-3 bikes on hard pack and by like 1 bike on sand but that was due to my worn out tires. Uphill i kno u dont have a chance ur yfz motor just cant keep up to the quick high revs of my R[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] sorry man you should of stuck with ur R!

Old 09-24-2003, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigScary
Originally posted by: hondaracer305
stock for stock I think the yfz would out run the banshee until top end dude.......then it would take the shee some time ta catch back up........
Exactly, actually I raced some modified shee's up sand mtn, and had the lead til about 3/4 of the way up then they pulled by me. But my Bro has a 03 shee w/ Toomey t-6 and I smoke him. I'm pretty much stock.

Quick Reply: Banshee or Yfz 450