Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

It don't hurt to be optimistic...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 07:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't hurt to be optimistic...

humm

Old 09-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

Well... I tried Yamaha customer service. They stand behind their dealers.

I'll never buy another Yamaha again.

I came from Honda and I can go back. Besides, I wasn't unhappy there.

Yep, I'm a little pissed - oh well.

lector

Old 09-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaha wins over another one, These guys are notorious for doing it. I dumped my 2001 raptor for the reason I did not want to wait until it grenaded.

The warranty is best used for toilet paper when out on one of those long rides.

Hey, I have a nice banshee for sale if you are interested.

Old 09-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Let this be another reason not too buy a Yamaha.
If other manufacturers made any decent quads then this would be easier done than said. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

This is sad. It's a no brainer that the pin clip coming out of the groove is what started this failure. Yamaha dealers and Yamaha are weak *** pieces of sh!te.

I've had my motor into just about every little piece that it can come apart to and sucessfuly put it back together. Of course I had the help of Raptortranny.com but, if I can do it I'm sure you can as well. It is very satisfying as well.

Old 09-24-2003, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer

Man that sucks, i was seriously considering buying the yfz450. now this gives me something else to consider. 01 Raptor dealer fix first tranny second tranny is starting to crap out

Old 09-25-2003, 12:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Buying a YFZ should be of no concern. Just figure on doing any major repairs yourself is all. Don't waste your money on an extended service plan for sure. Ask if you can be credited a said amount of money and tell them they can keep thier 6 month warranty. LOL. Worth a try.

IMO. If this quad had been stock, nothing done to it after purchase, this repair would have a much better shot at being fixed free. Yamaha saw the changes and had their escape route. The dealer in this instance is hiding in Yamahas coat tails on a repair they should cover free of charge or at the very least work with the customer, Parts for Labor or vise versa or somthing.

Old 09-25-2003, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer

I agree the dealership should soak up the cost. When my tranny went the dealership said it wasn't covered, but at least they fixed it at no charge. Although they put stock 01 crap back in it. But hey the parts are cheaper now.

Old 09-25-2003, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wshrdskin
Buying a YFZ should be of no concern. Just figure on doing any major repairs yourself is all.
I've learned the hard way.

IMO. If this quad had been stock, nothing done to it after purchase, this repair would have a much better shot at being fixed free.
If the quad had been stock, I highly doubt the failure would have occured at all.

Yamaha saw the changes and had their escape route.
And I can't realy blame Yamaha on that one.

The dealer in this instance is hiding in Yamahas coat tails on a repair they should cover free of charge or at the very least work with the customer, Parts for Labor or vise versa or somthing.
That's the biggest problem in my opinion. I paid MSRP for one of 'em and MSRP -300 for the other. I paid the dealer their shop rate for all the extra work. I could have done much of it myself, but I thought they'd get it done quicker and have some ideas has to how and lighten the thing up i.e. what's not really needed. I'll bet I paid close to $600.oo in labor just for my mods. One would think that after that kind of transaction (~$15k) the dealer would try to show a little appreciation for a good paying customer and at least offer up something. They wouldn't even pick up the labor for getting into the motor yesterday. On top of that, they've left me with an f'n rats mess of bolts/parts/pieces.

lector

Old 09-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

They only took it down to removing the cylinder right? The rest of the engine is in tact and in the quad isn't it? You just have the head and cylinder in a box with it's bolts etc right?

Old 09-25-2003, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

They only took it down to removing the cylinder right? The rest of the engine is in tact and in the quad isn't it? You just have the head and cylinder in a box with it's bolts etc right?
Yes. I'm gonna have to get the engine off the bike and get into the case, etc. and build it back up from there. I'm committed to doing it myself - at least the tear-down and assembly. Boring and head work will be left to the pros.

I may need you smart guys to help me through this. I gotta get this thing rolling by the end of October.

lector

Quick Reply: It don't hurt to be optimistic...