Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Does anybody else dislike hondas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 10:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody else dislike hondas?

we have an lt500. Yours may not be garbage, but ours sure is! lol

Old 10-29-2003, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

I never said i owned an Lt500...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I own a 500 but it sure aint an Lt...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2003, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Ive only heard good things about the lt500 thought it was a pritty good quad when i rode one myself.

Old 10-30-2003, 02:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont think that many will argue that the old zillas were the one of if not the fastest quads in a straight line ever built. Now that can change with modifications, but no other quad made from a major manufacturer imported to the us or built here was ever more than close. I get stomped by stock zillas on my slightly modded rappy all the time. Now granted, the geometry, handling, and weight characheristics were less than other quads, but you have to give a little in some areas to do better in others. that holds true for any quad.

no one in such an educated group of people as this should be so blind as to completely discredit any manufacturer, as a whole anyway. Hondas are very plentiful, and were one of the first to make 3 and 4 wheelers. I know the zuki 250 was first, but honda was only a year later. Because of this, most people over the age of 20 either grew up on a honda or has at least rode one or two for a substantial amount of time. Polaris, arctic cat, bomb, cdale, and many others are relative late-comers. Therefore many of us on this forum hold a certain respect for honda, even if we werent always happy with the machines or their owners. That respect is what separates the ignorant from the reasonable sportsmen and women.

Now, cant we all just get along?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2003, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

I have not once ever bashed a polaris in my life, and I ride a honda, and yes I've gotten my *** kicked by preds in drags. reliability wise everyone is gonna prefer one brand over another because of past experiences, and the truth of the matter is every quad will break down now and then or have something go wrong with it. And about the zilla we have had em and they dont stay running for more than 30 miles. yes they're fast going straight but a 250rwill walk all over a zilla on an mx track. and why is a kid with a blaster knocking quads with twice the displacement, handling, and suspension as his? I don't mind blasters they're fun LITTLE machines, but dont knock something that'll kick your a$$. yet again I have NOTHING against yamaha, I love almost all of their creations, it's some of the owners that **** me off like crazy. Most of the yammi guys are cool but then you get the stray that has to bash anything bigger, better, or faster than his quad to make him feel secure in his masculinity, or other places that he may lack in. Full credit to yamaha for the yfz and rappy, polaris for the preds, suzi for the z, lt250, and zilla, kawi for the kfx's, arctic cat for the dvx's, cannondale for every bike they've made, and honda for 250r's, ex's, and soon 450r's. All of these quads have greatly impacted our sport and our hats need to go off to their creators.

Old 10-30-2003, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

***que's the group hug***

Old 10-30-2003, 11:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

hey,

I figured this post out.....
fourlicks and hondawannabe are mad because there not in the clique....

Now grouping all honda riders together is not right, some of us may ride honda
but are in no way a hondaphile...
You Can see what all I own,
and I would take my scrambler any day over a 4stroke anyway.....
I am not picky on what I ride as long as I can go (the faster the better)

DANA

Started with a trailboss, went to a quad racer, now I am on top with my
outdated, out designed, 16 year old quad, that still screams to be rode....
ahhhhh my 250r......

Old 10-30-2003, 11:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

By the way, to clear things up.......... That was my wife posting last.Bubba

Old 10-31-2003, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

wth. If it wasnt for all the bashing going on here, I wouldnt have anything to do.

Fourlix........I want to thank you for wasting my time reading this forum. The more I read of it, the more upset I got. I own a Yamaha and a Honda, and still like both of them. And it seemed like almost when this thread was about to die out, there you were again to start it back up. You just have way to much time on your hands.

Hey Im one reply closer to my goal of a quarter mill. posts - 249, 910 more to go.......Wahoo

Like the sticker says - Shut up and Ride

-----------
86 trx250r
97 warrior

Old 10-31-2003, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

I hate HONDAS. The only thing worse is YAMAHAHAHAHAHA,RAPPEEPEEPEE.

Quick Reply: Does anybody else dislike hondas?