ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Am I getting the shaft!?! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/126005-am-i-getting-shaft.html)

pudljumpr 11-17-2003 09:05 PM

Am I getting the shaft!?!

Winter is getting near here in Iowa and the yfz is starting to run too lean for my taste in stock trim. So i figured it was time just to get a jet kit, and get a pro-flow air system and just let 'er breath. So I ordered the GYT-R jet kit and pro-flow kit from Alba Action, but they were out of the GYT-R kit and sent a Dynojet instead without asking before they shipped...um? My question is am I getting shafted. I've heard they dynojet is very finicky and can be a hassle. That's why I wanted the GYT-R. Should I try to mess with it, or tell them to take it back and get the GYT-R from someone else?? I'm just gonna run exhaust with the baffle out for a while, and when I get a pipe, I will just get the correct size main jet. Any experience here would be great!

RedGoblin 11-17-2003 09:09 PM

You may ask them for a K&N Jet Kit instead. I've heard no complaints about these so far.

JakalWarrior 11-17-2003 09:44 PM

arent dynojet and K&N kits one and the same?

TJw6981 11-17-2003 10:03 PM

Yes yes tell, i still got my dynojet in the package.. might need to send it back!

Travis

TJw6981 11-17-2003 10:45 PM

What should we go with? GYRT?

Travis

schwendi 11-17-2003 11:09 PM

Shafted!! dont mess with those dynojet kits. it gets too damn confusing they number their jets by flow instead of size like the Keihin jets.

BigScary 11-18-2003 12:17 AM

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
arent dynojet and K&N kits one and the same?
yes they are!

JakalWarrior 11-18-2003 12:31 AM

Originally posted by: schwendi
Shafted!! dont mess with those dynojet kits. it gets too damn confusing they number their jets by flow instead of size like the Keihin jets.

Think thats backwards [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

schwendi 11-18-2003 05:13 AM

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior

Originally posted by: schwendi

Think thats backwards [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
ok ... whatever, they are still different and will be a real PIA to compare jetting to a similarly setup bike with Keihin jets. I talked to a tech at dynojet and he said they dont really compare anyways cause the design is different

yamamayzf1000r 11-18-2003 09:25 AM

Send the Dyno jet kit back. The GYTR is a better set up, they also come with the pilot jets where Dyno jet kitsdo not.
Do an internet search on Michael Andretti powersports, they usually have the kit in stock.