Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Great day of riding!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great day of riding!!

Just got back from the Gorman/Hungry Valley area.. All you Cali guys should know bout it.. MAN WAS IT A GREAT DAY!! Raptor works great.. Just came out of the shop. Man did I race today!! KILLED SO MANY WARRIORS IT WASNT EVEN FUNNY.. lol. Including my dads. LOL. Beat one YFZ.. But just by a lil.. Half a quad length.. Man that quad can rip. Lost to a DS and won to a DS. Beat one of those green pigs. Lost to one banshee.. And beat a predator. Also beat 2 Z's and KFX.. And I saw the new artic cat DVX!! IT LOOKED AWESOME!! Artic cat has really proven themselves cause it looks great.. Anyone one else have any good rides lately?

HAPPY RIDING!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2003, 12:43 AM
Trailblazer

ME TOO!!!!

I was at Gorman today also....It was an awesome day to ride!!!! Last few times I have ridden, it has been over 100 degrees, so today was a welcome change. Cool, a little wind, super clear out!!

Where do you race out at Gorman??

I probably saw you today, I rode just about everwhere out there. I wouldn't have recognized you though because I blew by all the Raptors I saw sooooo fast I could barely make out the color of the bike !!!! LOL...J/K !!!!!

If you'd like to hook up and ride sometime out there, send me a PM and I'll give you my email. I live in the San Fernando Valley.

Take Care,

PH

Old 11-24-2003, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

HE!! YE$!!! I SAW YOU!! I saw a yfz with pretty much the exact mods.. I was on a blue Raptor.. Mods listed below. Today was soooo nice to ride.. It wasnt a bit hot and when ur riding the air was cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Gotta love that Cali weather!!! Definatly will meet up with you the next time you go riding. And you have a PM [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2003, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Open your PM option so I can send you one.. Or IM me at NOS DemonX.

Old 11-24-2003, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

And I live in Granada Hills.. Anyone else had any good riding? IM me if you can poolhustler [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2003, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer

DieScarred, I didn't have a PM. I sent you one with my email.......off to bed, gotta get up at 5 AM for work.....

Late....PH

Old 11-24-2003, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

We had a great ride Sunday. Started with me on a Wolvy, another Wolvy, a DS 650 a couple on a King Quad, 2 other couples on a 300 Honda and a Big Bear. We rode back to this little cabin on our hollow, then we left the couples...they had to ride to slow. We traveled on to this other ridge and started across this reclained strip mine when I went up this little hill climb and flipped it back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I had climbed this hill dozens of times. Plain and simple operator error. I was lucky that it didn't start rolling. It just landed on the front rack and stayed there. Didn't do much damage, just bent the rack and folded the handlebars down. We just laughed it off, pulled the bars up and went on. We ended up riding probably 70-80 miles.
We were on the way back when my pal hit a deep rut and rolled the DS. Even with the crashes and all it was still a great day of riding. The area where we turned around at has a lot of trails we have never traveled. Gonna have to go back earlier one day with extra fuel and do some exploring

Old 11-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a great day of riding yesterday except for my uncle flipping his rancher( root) Doubled everthing on both mx tracks and finally got the whoops down to a science. I need new shocks the stock ones can't handle me anymore LOL

Old 11-24-2003, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

which 2 tracks did u go to??

Old 11-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

The riding was great at Glamis on Saturday...temp was in the 60's and it was sunny...the bad thing was that it was too damn windy...We couldn't sit outside to relax cuz there was just too much sand flying everywhere...we ended up leaving early cuz of it. Oh well, we'll be back on the sand in a few days...

Quick Reply: Great day of riding!!