Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

kfx 700

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kfx 700

well i just purchased the vforce700 and i have to say that this machine is sweet. it is big and heavy, yes but while riding it actually is very easy to throw around,it feels very nimble for its size.
now if you look i own a raptor, and a banshee (not stock) and both are extremely fast. the banshee more so then the raptor. the kfx has amazing torque and speed. whats nice also is when you are cruising and let off for whatever reason all you have to do is get back on the throttle and the power is right where you left it. the automatic takes getting use to i found myself reaching for the handle for the clutch only to find the rear brakes kick in but that will change. it almost feels like a sled in the sense that when you start to go you feel "stuck" in first gear then it just takes off. i can honestly say that the 0-40 speed is probably the fastest ive been on. the front end is not as light as everyone says. it will tip back if you let it just like the raptor. and it soaks up everything in its path so it is very comfortable. all in all the bike is sweet. now i know this is a bias forum becasue it is yamaha but i do own 2 of those and they are both great machines, but lets be honest they are not the best out there it really depends on the rider. i have been riding since i was 10 years old, (31 now)i do not race but do ride hard. near me are wide open fields, technical trails, powerlines for miles and light tracks with some small jumps. only the spring will tell how good the machine really is...

Old 01-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default kfx 700

The grasshopper is a turd. I've beaten them in the 300ft drag, out climbed them on differnt hills, and just plain out don't like them. They are huge. The are very heavy and automatic to top it off. I don't know if you came here looking for people to agree with you on anything about your praise to the grasshopper, or the fact that you claimed Yamaha isn't the best when it is. But I'm sure you won't find many people agreeing with your post from this forum.

Old 01-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default kfx 700

ACTUALLY i did not write to have people agree with me at all it is just that everyone in each thread is bias to what they have i was just giving my two cents on the bike without being die hard yamaha. to say that yamaha is the best is exactly what im talking about...keep in mind eveyone is entitled to their own opinions and i am just voicing mine. didny mean to get you up in a huff...

Old 01-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default kfx 700

I'm definetly not critizing you, i'm just saying the yamaha forums get quite a bit of topic's like these. and while the v force is a good quad and all, most yamaha guys feel the raptor isbetter. but to each his own, and each rider has a preference of quad.

Old 01-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default kfx 700

Thanks for the review, its nice to see someone who isn't so brand loyal. We should just be thankful there is so many great and diverse quads out right now!! I own a Yamaha and a KFX 700 and I have to agree the 700 is a blast to ride....

Old 01-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default kfx 700

Well 1st off, it depends what kind of rider you are. The 700 seems like it is for the bigger people, like the DS is, but it isn't as sporty. The Automatic and shaft drive ruins it for most people who like SPORT bikes. It seems like more of a cruiser than something people go wild on. The raptor and banshee are awsome quads, IMO better than the 700 because they are alot lighter, alot more fun, alot more agile, and good quads. I have rode a 700, and for the way I ride, I hated the thing. It seemed like I was driving the equivelant of a F-350 when compared to a comaro. Sure F-350's are sweet, but they don't offer the same kind of ride as a camero. Now I am not rider bias'd as you will point out or say, because I am very impressed with the DS's, 250r's, SOME 400ex's, the pred is a nice machine as well. If you ask me, if you want to compare the kfx 700 to something, compare it to the grizzly, not the raptor.

k thx bye

Old 01-10-2004, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default kfx 700

Im not a big fan of the 700's. Too heavy to throw around and doesnt feel sporty to me at all. WAY TO BIG AND HEAVY. And auto to top it. Definately not my type of sport quad.

-Eric-

Old 01-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default kfx 700

Yeah I agree, it's a little too heavy and not all that maneuverable. You don't have to shift to have a good time....but some people might. I was going to get a raptor, but just ended up with the V.

Old 01-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default kfx 700

Originally posted by: XxDumontRaptorxX
Well 1st off, it depends what kind of rider you are. The 700 seems like it is for the bigger people, like the DS is, but it isn't as sporty. The Automatic and shaft drive ruins it for most people who like SPORT bikes. It seems like more of a cruiser than something people go wild on. The raptor and banshee are awsome quads, IMO better than the 700 because they are alot lighter, alot more fun, alot more agile, and good quads. I have rode a 700, and for the way I ride, I hated the thing. It seemed like I was driving the equivelant of a F-350 when compared to a comaro. Sure F-350's are sweet, but they don't offer the same kind of ride as a camero. Now I am not rider bias'd as you will point out or say, because I am very impressed with the DS's, 250r's, SOME 400ex's, the pred is a nice machine as well. If you ask me, if you want to compare the kfx 700 to something, compare it to the grizzly, not the raptor.

k thx bye
I believe it is called a CAMARO...

Old 01-10-2004, 08:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default kfx 700

Didn't someone do a post where they asked about the age of v force riders and most all were over 30-35 years old???

sounds like a cruiser to me.