ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   I give up...bye bye raptor. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/132867-i-give-up-bye-bye-raptor.html)

FISHER1648 01-12-2004 04:34 PM

I give up...bye bye raptor.

I agree...I'm done with the Raptor too for the most part. I'm gonna use it for night rides and duning.

I'm not sure that the YFZ is for me yet and I'm thinking about a new two-wheeler. I'm still learning how to ride mine (KLX300r - great trail bike) but they are MUCH smoother, nimble, and they dont beat you up as much as a quad. The suspension is SO MUCH BETTER on a bike. Maintenance seems lots easier since mile-for-mile the it's less stress on bike and rider. I'm gonna fix the Raptor, use it as a dune quad, and concentrate on honing my bike skills. I ride desert (not MX - too old) and after about a year I'll decide whether or not I'll get a new dirt bike or quad.

Right now, the bikes seem more attractive.

kuz28 01-12-2004 04:38 PM

i'll do that...i'll update mypage with new pics. you post gave me an idea for a slogan for 01 owners...here it is..."tears and gears" lmao

like i said...i'll buy the YFZ first and ride her a few months before i let the Raptor go. took to long to build to just dump it. if only the TRX was a available. it looks like anyone not on a waiting list already...won't be able to get into a 450r until april sometime. i'm not brand bias....yamaha just happens to build the machines that motivate me to slap my cash down.

is'nt it funny though...yamaha burnt me on the raptor (no support for tranny failure). yet i have no problem giving them more of my money. i don't know what the says or is saying about me or Yamaha. but, don't normaly reward failure. just thought i'd add that. still not sure how i feel about it yet. but here i am....strange.

Tyme 01-12-2004 04:46 PM

Do you have a spare front sprocket? I may need it!

kuz28 01-12-2004 04:50 PM

yes i do...its all yours. let me know. i got alot more too. i think your gonna benefit more than anyone on this TYME. call me.

Turtler 01-12-2004 06:36 PM

Kuz,

You are truely a glutton for punishment. My rappy has got me pissed enough with Yammy that I am seriously looking at the Z400 or the TRX for the kid's next quad. Im going to keep my craptor cause I have always thought with my little head instead of my big head and the 660 still gives me a woodie.

FaStLaNe 01-12-2004 06:45 PM

Originally posted by: Turtler
Im going to keep my craptor cause I have always thought with my little head instead of my big head and the 660 still gives me a woodie.
LMAO

Sheesnojoke 01-12-2004 06:53 PM

Raptors,Ds650 and any other quad over 500cc is going to eat chains and sprockets like crazy,but who cares,In reality you should be replacing your sprockets and chain at least once a year if you ride alot.My CR is the same way,it tears up sprockets and chains twice as fast as my shee.

RoughRider01 01-12-2004 07:49 PM

Originally posted by: Sheesnojoke
Raptors,Ds650 and any other quad over 500cc is going to eat chains and sprockets like crazy,but who cares,In reality you should be replacing your sprockets and chain at least once a year if you ride alot.My CR is the same way,it tears up sprockets and chains twice as fast as my shee.
It may be heavier but you gotta love the 530 chain on the DS. Had mine for about a year and barely any signs of wear.

RoughRider01

warrior68man 01-12-2004 08:04 PM

anyone thats selling there 01raptors wanna sell me a shock? lol

Punker660 01-12-2004 08:20 PM

I'm not far behind you. I'm just waiting for the season to end and I just put new nerf bars on it. I wanna enjoy them a little while longer before I'm back to stock on a 450.