ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   blaster against a warrior (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/137358-blaster-against-warrior.html)

blasterdude86 02-08-2004 11:26 PM

blaster against a warrior

I have a 01 blaster and i raced a 98 warrior this weekend ...sort of ..it wasnt the best of races we were moving when we started and we just went at it.i pulled away till about 5 gear and he started to catch up and passed me.i kept up with him but he was just ahead of me.but he swears that his warrior will alway out run my blaster.ohh i dont know if it matters but there was about 2 inchs of snow and i had more weight on mine ...i have a 60 pound kid on the back...but anyways i have a k&n air filter no air box lid stock pipe with a dg silencer 14 tooth front sproket and i done a little porting on it ...its jeted with about a 305 jet....and his warrior is stock exept the packing is out of the pipe..i just wanted to know who do u think would win cause were going to race on pavment and were going to run till there toped.I might be me ...cause i just dont know how far u can rev them out ..im afraid of smoking the motor but let me know ...and if u think i cant beat him what could i do to be able to beat him ok im done know thanks alot

AngryHampster 02-09-2004 12:12 AM

first of all dont ride double, especially with small kids, moron.

warrior68man 02-09-2004 12:27 AM

Like Hampster said, dont ride double, and I wouldn't think about it with the little guys

If his warrior is stock, on pavement, you would most likely win aslong as your not riding double...he adds a pipe to his warrior...then he will win...

wanaply21 02-09-2004 05:37 PM

ud kill it off the line but when u get in 4th or 5th hes probably gonna blow right past you and having the extra kid is gonna hold you back

BigBearFX 02-09-2004 06:13 PM

the warrior will take you in the long run
off the line it will be close

horben 02-09-2004 06:15 PM

I'm with the other riders; when you've got a little one on the back (or front), ride safe!

Even if you were racing a Breeze it was probably a little unsafe!

-horgen

*Irresponsible racing hurts the image of every racer!

blasterdude86 02-09-2004 07:02 PM

oh he aint that young ...this kid just dont weigh much.. i dont know exactly how much he ways ..and it was his idea to do the race...his dad is the one that owns the warrior ...and he has toped that out many of times...but yeah i understand what ur talking about ,when he is with me i ride alot safer

AngryHampster 02-10-2004 12:52 AM

when he is with me i ride alot safer

racing != safety

im sorry to get on your case but i see way too many little kids riding double with their parents, many times without helmets.

SUGG 02-10-2004 01:55 AM

Warrior will win

blasterdude86 02-10-2004 05:06 PM

if i had nos would i win ...can some one tell me a price of nos for a blaster and what has to be done the the motor...i have been wanting to look into geting it but i dont know what i consist of