ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   That CDI i bought for my raptor (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/143412-cdi-i-bought-my-raptor.html)

AustinONeal 03-13-2004 10:09 AM

That CDI i bought for my raptor

When i put it on i got upset it spits and spudders and the reverse like flickers on and off
BUT
Once i got it warmed up lets just say my cousin who owns a banshee said GOD man you'll be able to smoke me now.

Now for all you that are spectics with the mods i have I could tell a MAJOR difference its worth the money got it on ebay for 130 $

RaptorOwner 03-13-2004 12:21 PM

Yeah but mine didnt spit and sputter, but I SURE DO HATE THE REVERSE LIGHT BLINKING>>>>>>> [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] It just distracts the h3ll out of me. I asked them about that and they were supposed to send me a new generation CDI that dont cause the Reverse light to blink. I took it off for now cuz I didnt like that.

AustinONeal 03-15-2004 02:34 PM

i wonder why mine would spit and spudder but when it warms up it runs great any thougths?

Maybe jetting or somthing

RaptorOwner 03-15-2004 02:39 PM

Could be... Do you have your choke on when this happens? If so, try not to pull the choke all the way out.

XTraptor 03-15-2004 02:40 PM

your jetting might be a bit lean. try richen up the air screw.

Ahmed

ItalianStallion 03-15-2004 02:47 PM

What brand was your cdi?????

AustinONeal 03-15-2004 02:58 PM

Procomengineering

AustinONeal 03-15-2004 03:03 PM

also i would go try some stuff like the choke but i dont have it right now its a the yami shop THEY HAVE TO CLIP THE VALVE DOWN TO GET THE STAGE 2 HOTCAM IN i dont know about all that noise but i hope it will work

Dfitz 03-15-2004 03:14 PM

I have the same. Even on the big gun CDI the reverse light blinks. I took my reverse light out. I really don't think it changed my power but I think it gave me more rpm's before the limiter. I will play with both (stock and procomm) when I get my tach.

RaptorOwner 03-15-2004 03:40 PM

Originally posted by: Dfitz
I have the same. Even on the big gun CDI the reverse light blinks. I took my reverse light out. I really don't think it changed my power but I think it gave me more rpm's before the limiter. I will play with both (stock and procomm) when I get my tach.

Yes, let us know what the difference really is ok. I dont really like to take out the light because when it blinks its telling you that something is wrong with the engine.