Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yoshimura, or big gun? best proformence?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yoshimura, or big gun? best proformence?

Dont waste your money on either of those, FMF has the best pipes, two and four stroke.

Old 03-15-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

get the yoshi or the white bros dont waste the money on the alba

Old 03-15-2004, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Yoshi by far.

Old 03-15-2004, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trdtacoma
Dont waste your money on either of those, FMF has the best pipes, two and four stroke.
I almost fell out of my char reading that!

Old 03-15-2004, 01:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ROLMAO.

When you race piped vs. piped, you guys will see what the Alba performance is about. Actually...you guys will hear it since you will be behind one of the best sounding pipes on the market.

Already beaten several piped Raptors with just my Alba....and have already watched the Z400 w/ the Alba easily take down a Yoshi Z. The only thing that is bad about the Alba, is the sound level in places where there is strict DB limit.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:12 AM
Trailblazer

Yamaha660r.... Come on man.. He is posting a question about a warrior pipe not a Raptor or Z400 pipe. And with the Z400 with the Alba pipe against the Yoshi piped Z400.... I am by no means an expert on anything but I would say rider skill played a bigger part in the race than the pipes did. CHRISZ250.... I would say do some research maybe look for a pipe shootout somewhere on Warriors. Not to say that the shootouts are the best way to buy a pipe but would be better than someone owning a raptor telling you what pipe to get. Two totally different bikes. Who knows.... there maye be a better pipe for a warrior than yoshimura and big gun.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:48 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: turtleboy660
Yamaha660r.... Come on man.. He is posting a question about a warrior pipe not a Raptor or Z400 pipe. And with the Z400 with the Alba pipe against the Yoshi piped Z400.... I am by no means an expert on anything but I would say rider skill played a bigger part in the race than the pipes did. CHRISZ250.... I would say do some research maybe look for a pipe shootout somewhere on Warriors. Not to say that the shootouts are the best way to buy a pipe but would be better than someone owning a raptor telling you what pipe to get. Two totally different bikes. Who knows.... there maye be a better pipe for a warrior than yoshimura and big gun.
Agreed. Lets not compare apples to oranges then grapefruits to pears. Alba is not bad compared to the others in the Raptor catagory according to dirtwheels. But if you look at it Yosh does make more peak power at a lower rpm by very little but its still more if you want to get in the the dyno numbers game. Also Yosh has a clean power curve unlike the alba which has a spot where it dips. Now im not gonna knock the alba pipe either here but...get off there nuts like you are getting paid to say its the greatest pipe in the world. I swear man which Nascar/NHRA/IHRA team are you running on(make sure you mention your sponsor). "This here Yamaha Raptor is making some good power with my Alba pipe, gotta thank the boys for puttin that Alba pipe on my Yamaha Raptor". Most races come down to riders when you care comparing apples to apples. Ive seen a stock raptor beat a yosh piped raptor but it sure as hell wasnt the pipe causing the yosh raptor to lose it was the stock raptor rider can RIDE. Now I would put money on it that if my bud turtleboy660 raced you with his Yosh piped raptor he would put a hurtin on your alba. He was putting a hurtin on a piped dmc raptor with a cam running no lid when he was still running his lid. And too top this off my buddy was about 210 lbs and this other guy was about 140lbs.

So back to the topic...When I had a warrior I had an Fmf on it. With a warrior I dont think you notice the pipes all that much over the noise factor. But dont limit yourself to those 2 pipes just do some searching on here.

Old 03-16-2004, 05:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just sharing a good product.

Alba doesn't have to pay me to advertise their product, I do it on my own because of the quality and performance of the product they provided me with.

And yes, rider had a lot to do with the Yoshi vs. Alba Z400 race...the guy on the Yoshi had owned his a full year over the Alba rider, who had owned a Z for about 1 month.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer

First of all.... I would like to apologize to chrisz250. I have turned your thread into a pissing match and I hate when that happens to an honest thread. As for Yamaha660r.. some things you say on here doesn't make any sense at all like you saying the guy with the Alba Z only had it for a month while the guy with the yoshi had his a year. Same could be said about your Craycraft 686. What if you had your set up a year and I now have the same set up a for a month and I paddle you. Cause you have your set up longer you should win?

Old 03-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Range Rover

Im gonna stop this right here. Before I say what I actually feel about Yamaha660R, freakin tool. Perhaps you should rephrase some of the things you say. And get off Albas nuts, and thinking they are the best out there.

Quick Reply: yoshimura, or big gun? best proformence?