Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

whats your opinon on wolverines good bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats your opinon on wolverines good bad?

I am going to get a wolverine after this summer and id like to know what your opinion is on them. do they climb hills good, are they any good in the mud, are they reliable. I have read a million catalogs and stuff about them but they would never tell you the downside of things so i am asking you

Old 03-20-2004, 07:54 AM
Range Rover

I'm biased, but the wolverine is about one of the most versitle quads out there. they aren't the best at anything but they do everything well. also there are tons of mods you can do to them, the top end is the same as the warrior. Have a good one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider

Wolverine's are outdated! They need more power and a 4wd -2wd switch and some new plastic. As far as a fun wheeler there are a lot better choices then Wolverine for less money and more power.

Old 03-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Range Rover

Buy what you like, your the one that is going to ride it. Some people only like the brand that they ride. I think that all atv's now days are pretty good. If you like a wolverine, go for it. lol

Old 03-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Range Rover

I am still in love with the wolverine. With the extra performance(and narrowness) of the man tranny and the relatively light weight, there's not many 4x4 that can hang with it in the tight bush, or in the rough stuff. It's reliability is also a strong point. Keep the same philosophy(not 600+lbs) with a 500 and I'll be the first in line for a new one.

Old 03-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Range Rover

The wolverine is an awesome all-round atv that will go through anything except for really deep mud because its geared to be a sport bike. It is far over due for and upgrade though. But in my opinion its the best manual shift 4x4 for right now.

Old 03-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dirtpig
Wolverine's are outdated! They need more power and a 4wd -2wd switch and some new plastic. As far as a fun wheeler there are a lot better choices then Wolverine for less money and more power.
Coming from a guy with .... 3 Ranchers? Now come on ...

I could roost you on the trails with my Wolverine! Not even close in fun-factor!

Warn 424 for a couple hundred bucks and you got selectable 4x4... way cool.

More power? Yeah, they can use some. Just opening them up with a pipe and airbox does a lot though. If you want more than that get a FST kit and really wake it up.

What can you get for less money, that has more power, and is more fun? Nobody wants to drive tank around the woods!

Old 03-21-2004, 03:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dirtpig

yeah dirtpig who are you to talk. Dont bash machines you just look stupid. The funniest part is that you dont here us wolvy owners making fun of those ugly ranchers. please come down to pa so i can roost some rocks at your tank and see how many dents i can make in 30 mins PLLEEESSEE. There is not better choices, Its the lightest sport ut out there with 4x4 and a lot nicer lookign then others. Sure this is a bias oppion but im sure everyone would agree with me on this forum

Old 03-21-2004, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

Well I've owned a honda 300 4x4 (traded it to my mother but I'm buying it back later) and now the wolverine. I love both bikes. The only thing the honda really has on the Wolverine is this: you will get dirtier on the wolverine (Dirtpig: if your name is indicative of your riding style you might just like the Wolverine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) Also I'll admit that the honda is a better work rig with the ample low end.

Sure the wolverine might be a bit dated but so are the 02 camaros and firebird- but they still kick the crap out of just about anything on the road!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

amen to the madwolverine!

Quick Reply: whats your opinon on wolverines good bad?