ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   What would you guys do next to increase performance? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/146763-what-would-you-guys-do-next-increase-performance.html)

jscarbrough 03-30-2004 03:55 PM

What would you guys do next to increase performance?

I did the full exhaust system, prodesign intake, 12 tooth sprocket. What would you guys recommend doing next? I will go with a better piston setup someday but right now I just was going to do bolt-ons. Do you guys have any ideas for me? Do you think the Rev Boxes acutally increase Hp?

Thanks.

himestyle 03-30-2004 04:05 PM

my suggestion would be to buy a banshee

sandblaster360 03-30-2004 04:07 PM

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY.

Raptorx44 03-30-2004 04:09 PM

That does not answer his question, he already has a quad, why bother replying?

Yamaha660R 03-30-2004 04:22 PM

Yeah, that was really pointless.

But a good rev box will definelty help your Raptor, but most say you should have internal engine mod's to go with a good rev box, or programmer. The Vortex Ignition is one of the best, you could look into that product...I know several people on here run it.

But there isn't much left for you to change on your Raptor. Or just bolt on for power.

jscarbrough 03-30-2004 04:27 PM

I thought the shee comment was kinda funny. I do trail riding out here in the desert, so a shee would not be that good for me. My buddies shee will smoke me in a drag race, but when we get on trails I am a bit faster.

Warrior350CR 03-30-2004 04:29 PM

jscarbrough

Honestly, I would leave the motor alone, plenty of power already. Concentrate on getting the correct air/fuel mixture and then work on suspension.

My brother in law rides an 03 raptor with exhaust and intake mods and it pulls great in the straightaways, but in the moutain trails his front end lifts, he has trouble steering, the machine is very tippy and he often is in the middle of the pack.

I ride a modified Warrior and easily can outrun a raptor in woods riding. Like I said, get to a long straight away and the Raptor pulls away.
Don't get me wrong, I like the Raptor, but from the factor it sits way to high, has a real narrow rear end and "ok" suspension.

Widen the axle, lower the ride height and do what Yamaha should have done from the start - balance the engine power with the rest of the machine.

eja 03-30-2004 06:16 PM

air and fuel mixture like Warrior 350 CR said. You've added aibox mods and full exhaust system you definitly need some carb changes-jetting to take advantage of the increase in air flow. good luck.

95Warrior 03-30-2004 06:48 PM

Not seeing anything about a re-jet was a red flag for me also, especially since the Raptor comes jetted lean to begin with.
So to answer your question, immediately put a Dynojet re-jet kit in it then replace the front shocks with some up to date units of your choice and have the rear shock re-built for your weight and intended use. And depending on how hard you ride and the terrain add an adjustable steering stabilizer.

RaptorOwner 03-30-2004 08:33 PM

Originally posted by: Raptorx44
That does not answer his question, he already has a quad, why bother replying?
I agree also, go back to your playstation and get off the PC.