ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   banshee vs a predator on pavement drag (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/149635-banshee-vs-predator-pavement-drag.html)

banshee10 04-14-2004 01:25 AM

banshee vs a predator on pavement drag

am going to be 16 next week i going to get a banshee or predator for it. please help me pick one i d o a lot a drag racing ![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Tekky 04-14-2004 01:37 AM

if ur doin lots of drag racing....nothing beats 2stroke power....get a banshee. But I would recommend test riding both.

JLsparky7 04-14-2004 04:21 AM

Like ur icon says, banshee all the way. Thats what i decided on.

Hozed 04-14-2004 07:04 AM

banshees suck it dirt drags... no traction... so if you only race tar... a shee will be fine... but if your gonna race on dirt id look into a 4 stroke.

lapeerbanshee 04-14-2004 06:50 PM

yeah go wiith the banshee for racing on the pavement

bansheeesmoker 04-14-2004 06:57 PM

banshee, and traction on dirt can always be fixed by a good set of tires and a shorter swingarm

trailrider500 04-14-2004 07:04 PM

I have both a Predator and a Shee..

If you drag race all the time nothing else then get the shee..

If you would like to drag race,ride trails etc get the pred,, the pred is a very good drag racer too...

Rider1169 04-14-2004 07:40 PM

pred is the most uncomfotable quad i think. banshee will win on a pavement drag, my money is also for it on a dirt drag, because the pred has bad hookup also. shee is faster tho

MrG 04-14-2004 08:00 PM

uhh quit implying the banshee is only good at drag racing.Both quads are fast and about equal stock. The banshee is a real good trail machine if u know the engine and ok driver. The banshees is super super good hill climber will never bogg on you and if it does play with the clutch it wont pop or bog on you like a 4 stroke. easy to mantain.

They burn out alot which makes a real fun ride..Powerband is also fun to play with..

Banshee traction does suck with stock tires on dirt, but on pavement it feels like a whole new bike.

Its your choice banshees can be made fast easily ,but also preds

test drive both machines get which ever u feels best.

thats wat i did test drove a (raptor 400ex and banshee)

YamahaRiderOnly 04-14-2004 10:28 PM

Banshee would beat the Pred on Pavement but then on Dirt it will be a very close race. Either could win but if the Shee rider started in 2nd or 3rd and Reved it to the moon and then took off, it would get alot more Traction and the Pred would be way back, The Raptor gets out of the whole better then both quads on dirt and the Banshee will get out faster then that when it starts off in higher gear