Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ 450 takes honda 450r

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ 450 takes honda 450r

Rodsquad- Did you get a free pair of pink riding pants from honda for buying the wife a 450r?? Only bad part about it, Kickstart!! What was honda thinking putting a kickstart on a womens quad.
Now thats the kind of stuff Im sick of. Its those kind of people that keep the bashing going.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

I actually like the yamaha better but atleast I dont go around saying the Honda sucks, and thats because it doesnt.

Old 05-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

Tim Farr has been winning on the Honda, but truth is he hates the machine. In other words, for a cool 1 million $$ wouldn't you race on just about anything? The YFZ is just alittle better quad and most will agree to that. Modded or stock.....both great bikes.

03 black and red Raptor
PRM grab bar and rear skid
Pro Design billet shifter
Maxxis Razrs

Old 05-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

hondaracer: relax dude...your like the champion of the 450r. yes theres been lots of posts like this...and your in every single one. your like the second or third person to reply....everytime. It's Yamaha time in the Limelight. let the boyz enjoy it while it lasts. it's not like he's in the Honda forum pissing all over you guys. let it go man

Old 05-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

I like both honda and yami. There the two best IMO. The truth is that honda came up short period. The YFZ is just better. I was hoping the honda was going to be better BUT the yami is. My nieghbors have both and the YFZ is just a better all around quad. I know some people will disagree but the YFZ will be like the 250R was. "revolutionary"

Old 05-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: adamnieman
Tim Farr has been winning on the Honda, but truth is he hates the machine. In other words, for a cool 1 million $$ wouldn't you race on just about anything? The YFZ is just alittle better quad and most will agree to that. Modded or stock.....both great bikes.

How do you know he hates it? I've got to come to Hondaracers defense here and say these posts from BOTH sides are getting absoutely ridiculous. Honestly though Hondabeater, what is the point of this thread? Dirtwheels isn't exactly the most noteworthy mag out there.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer

Nobody likes to admit after dropping $7,000 on a new quad that there are better quads than the one they bought. Anyone who says that the magazines get paid to say one quad wins a shootout over another ( I.E YFZ vs 450R ) is positively ignorant. I've owned quads that have been bashed by magazines & I didn't let it bother me because there was truth in it, but I also didn't think that there was some conspiracy against the company that produced my quad. I can admit when my quad is sub-par compared to another...but as of right now I can't say that about my YFZ.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: adamnieman
that is totally not true, he does not hate the gdamn thing, if he did he wouldnt be driving it

Old 05-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

it is always fun to see what quad is better then the other.. but most of all, at least you have a quad and your riding.. any quad can be set up to do pretty much anything you want.. might take a little money, but thats what hobbies are for.. spending the money you have or even if you don't.. keeps the credit card companies in business. you might get the crap kicked out of you racing someone.. but there is still someone out there you can beat.. sure everyone wants to go faster, jumper higher, and corner better.. just stick with what you got and if you don't like it.. trade up..

Old 05-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

The Yfz has the moast throttle responce of any quad I ever rode. There are few quads better than the yfz but honda dosent make any.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kuz28
hondaracer: relax dude...your like the champion of the 450r. yes theres been lots of posts like this...and your in every single one. your like the second or third person to reply....everytime. It's Yamaha time in the Limelight. let the boyz enjoy it while it lasts. it's not like he's in the Honda forum pissing all over you guys. let it go man
I guess defending my quad is totally wrong.

thanks redgoblin.

Quick Reply: YFZ 450 takes honda 450r