Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ 450 takes honda 450r

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 10:51 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ 450 takes honda 450r

HondaRacer you better soon get that HRC kit or else your going to die choking on YFZ Roost!!!

Old 05-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: Hondabeater
I am sorry hondaracer305 i didnt know it was such a touchy subject for you to talk about. Why is everyone in the forums lately so pi$$ED OFF. They never used to be like this, i know my quad is little and can be killed by almost everything, and i dont get mad if someone says that another quad is better than mine! Grow up people dont take all the post so literaly i just wanted some conversation about the two quads thats all, you dont have to make a big deal about it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
pms...

Old 05-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

look theres no need to come to Hondaracers defense...no ones attacking anyone. i happen to like Hondaracer and his posts. but he is part of the problem he's complains about. He's a sucker for these posts. i like ya dude, its the truth. they rope you in everytime.

whats the point? well what the point of the dirt wheels article? samething. no one has given up on the honda..infact, people are waiting...holding there breath to see what happens to the Honda when you wake it up with mods. and yeah the mags are'nt everything...but cmon, they do hold valuble info. you know you read them. even if it's on your toilet.

posts like this...are for people to jump on and talk it up. for the Yamaha guys to chime in and claim another victory or whatever...

just so you know...i have alot of experience with both quads. and i do like them both. no doubt, they do feel very diffrent. and no disbuting. Honda made some bad decisions. i think they'd be doing alot better with it if they just added the starter (groooan...i can here you now) but its true...it would be my choice for GNCC.

Old 05-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kuz28
look theres no need to come to Hondaracers defense...no ones attacking anyone. i happen to like Hondaracer and his posts. but he is part of the problem he's complains about. He's a sucker for these posts. i like ya dude, its the truth. they rope you in everytime.

whats the point? well what the point of the dirt wheels article? samething. no one has given up on the honda..infact, people are waiting...holding there breath to see what happens to the Honda when you wake it up with mods. and yeah the mags are'nt everything...but cmon, they do hold valuble info. you know you read them. even if it's on your toilet.

posts like this...are for people to jump on and talk it up. for the Yamaha guys to chime in and claim another victory or whatever...

just so you know...i have alot of experience with both quads. and i do like them both. no doubt, they do feel very diffrent. and no disbuting. Honda made some bad decisions. i think they'd be doing alot better with it if they just added the starter (groooan...i can here you now) but its true...it would be my choice for GNCC.
Im glad theres no harm done, I think i even have you on my buddy list so its all good. yes i am a sucker for these threads, it gives me a chance to tell where people are wrong or right, etc about a 450r.

Hondabeater, i dont know what your problem is, maybe you were kidding, but i cant really tell, if you were, then its fine, i dont care. I DO have the hrc kit in and it gives it nice performance and a much better sound.

Old 05-05-2004, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

14mins, The Honda shop didn't throw in the pink racing pants for the wife's quad.lol........But seriously, I've been a Honda fan for over 20 years. That is why I bought the 450r, but it's not cream of the crop on the market right now and is for sale . I rode the YFZ and the 450r back to back and the Honda is very nice and all but doesn't compare FUN and performance. Just think how fast Gust and Farr would be on YFZ's. When Honda gets more serious about their race quad, I'll be first in line again.

Old 05-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

HondaRacer you better soon get that HRC kit or else your going to die choking on YFZ Roost!!!
That statement is utterly STUPID. People like you do not belong on these forums. This is not meant to be a place to bash one another's quads. It's a place to get advice, information and just share the experiences of ATVing with others who enjoy our sport. Hondaracer, I too enjoy your posts on here and I understand completely where you're coming from. That's all I've got to say. Hondabeater: You'll soon find that when you want to be serious about something on this forum, people will value your posts very little if you continue to say things like this.

Old 05-06-2004, 12:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The only advantage the 450r has over the yfz is the extra large gas tank. Like a MX quad needs 3 plus gallons. lol Oh wait, the honda is really a trail quad now. Why did honda put a kick start on a trail quad??

I wonder what the honda engineers were thinking while the were designing a inferior product to the already released yfz 450. They must think that the die hard honda fans will line and take it like a man. lol

Rodsquad- I want to go to kermitt on may 15th, you and forrest in?

Old 05-06-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
That statement is utterly STUPID. People like you do not belong on these forums. This is not meant to be a place to bash one another's quads. It's a place to get advice, information and just share the experiences of ATVing with others who enjoy our sport. Hondaracer, I too enjoy your posts on here and I understand completely where you're coming from. That's all I've got to say. Hondabeater: You'll soon find that when you want to be serious about something on this forum, people will value your posts very little if you continue to say things like this.
Thanks man, your posts are just as good, if not better, im glad im not the only one that feels the same way about some of this crap.

14mins, i used to think you were an alright guy until you started bashing honda, but now i ask myself how can i ignore such completely stupid comments? Your post are sooo rediculous. Just put down the joint before you hurt yourself...

Old 05-06-2004, 01:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I will stay with my comments and add one more

Honda 450 owners better get used to a inferior quad, cause all honda is going to give you for the next 6 years is "bold new graphics"

Maybe honda will set it sights on a big bore. lmao

Old 05-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
The only advantage the 450r has over the yfz is the extra large gas tank. Like a MX quad needs 3 plus gallons. lol Oh wait, the honda is really a trail quad now. Why did honda put a kick start on a trail quad??

I wonder what the honda engineers were thinking while the were designing a inferior product to the already released yfz 450. They must think that the die hard honda fans will line and take it like a man. lol

Rodsquad- I want to go to kermitt on may 15th, you and forrest in?
rofl! 14mins man you never seem to dissapoint me when i see your name in a thread and think to myself oh god whats he gonna say next! LOL

Quick Reply: YFZ 450 takes honda 450r