ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   raced my friends brand new 350 raptor today (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/153518-raced-my-friends-brand-new-350-raptor-today.html)

Speedy2222 05-05-2004 11:35 PM

raced my friends brand new 350 raptor today

lol ther's this guy with a tricked out blaster that sounds like a freekin chain saw.. i mean i can't stand that shiz al lthe time idk how u 2troke guys do

Wickedclownz 05-05-2004 11:38 PM

ya back to the old battle of 2strokes vs 4 strokes haha we probly shouldnt even start but i have to agree with you there chainsaws with tires =P

Speedy2222 05-05-2004 11:41 PM

me n my friend josh( rides a 400ex) i mean i like the deep sound n the DDAAUHHH DDDDDAAAUUHH just feel the power kinda like the whole v6 vs v8 thing o kwel lme n my friend josh were talknig to the guy he was selling it for 1600 and we go away and then we here WWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and he's like whos running a chainsaw.. and im like no dude that's a freaking quad...

Wickedclownz 05-05-2004 11:43 PM

haha ya, hey u never said what happened in the stock 450 vs the 430 warrior race? How many quad lenghts apart?

Speedy2222 05-05-2004 11:51 PM

well kidna a long story leading up to it... me n this dude that works for my dad went riding at a local sand pit and i mena first time riding getting use to it and he was walking on the trails looking for naisl n glass n stuff n i was i nthe main pit part and this raptor and yfz450 came up and the dude on the 450 came over and we start talknig and it coems up and he's liek hey u wanna race.. and im liek dude it's not even my quad and he's like so race it ne ways so im like ok so we line up and his buddy on the raptor pulls up and this is ruff sand bumps at the start then it slopes off and gets softer he pulled holeshot on me by about a length .. i started in first( stupid me) and i shift stil lbehind a little 3rd tied 4th we r stil leven 5th i start pullnig away btw we r racing where we r gonna b at pretty much top speed when we hit the end( woods about oo i'd say 500-700 ft away) i hit 6th and start pulling away and then we hit woods and i look back and he's back about a bike length or 2

RPM 05-05-2004 11:53 PM

If your friend just got it today, I would bet that the motor is somewhat tight, and it isn't going to rev as quickly as it will once it is broken in. The facts are the facts. Given that they are both basicly the same motor, and the fact that the Raptor 350 is some 35 to 40 lbs lighter, in STOCK form, with equal riders and conditions, the Raptor 350 will beat the Warrior. Once that Raptor 350 gets loosend up a little, it's performance will increase.

2 bike lengths in a 1/4 mile is not a heck of a lot when you consider the tightness of his motor and the fact that you have a pipe.

Wickedclownz 05-05-2004 11:54 PM

im impressed the old warrior did so well, but the 430 kit is big money aint it... Personally i think before i would spend that much money on my warrior i would just buy a yfz450

Speedy2222 05-05-2004 11:55 PM

yea well i raced it this summer right after i got my warrior and i was still a noob t othe sport..

Wickedclownz 05-05-2004 11:59 PM

ya after the raptor 350 breaks in a bit it should smoke you but im not convinced all the extra money for the Rap 350 is worth it over just a warrior

dynofox 05-06-2004 12:09 AM

I can't stand the guys with the super loud 4-strokes. I have a piped 350x and can't wait to get rid of it for another 2-stroke. Maybe it's just me but I think a 2-stroke sounds a lot better than a 4, my little brothers blaster with a full pro circut system sounds sweet. Not as nice as our snowmobiles, but oh well. I'm not all about loud pipes either, a nice sound is one thing but there is no need for super loud pipes on trail machines.