ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Raptor Stock Jetting Specs??? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/160492-raptor-stock-jetting-specs.html)

RacerRob 06-21-2004 11:44 PM

Raptor Stock Jetting Specs???

I'm changing my exhaust and jetting back to stock specs. Can anyone help me with the info I need??? Jet sizes....clip setting...air/fuel adjustment...any other info will be greatly appreciated....I lost my notes on the stock setting and I'm "dead in the water" until I get this figured out.....THANK YOU..THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

sixsixT 06-21-2004 11:59 PM

140/145
middle clip
2 to 2 1/4 on the screws I think

RacerRob 06-22-2004 01:17 AM

sixsixT...are you a Yamaha trained mechanic or something??? You seem to have the answers to any technical question anyone has....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Thanks for the help....Where do I send the bottle of J.D.????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

ShadyRascal 06-22-2004 03:33 AM

J. D.!? Heck, I'll answer some questions too! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

ItalianStallion 06-22-2004 03:40 AM

Six,,,you da man

sixsixT 06-22-2004 09:42 AM

Originally posted by: RacerRob
sixsixT...are you a Yamaha trained mechanic or something???
Factory trained Mercedes Benz mechanic.

maddog56 06-22-2004 07:07 PM

sixsixt is one of the resident raptor gurus around here. He's helped me out plenty of times, and never seems to get tired of answering jetting questions. If it has to do with the fuel/air system, chances are he's got your answer.

bLuRRRR27 06-23-2004 01:41 AM

Stock settings:

Jet Needle Clip groove position, 3
Main jets
Left carb - 140
Right carb - 145

Pilot air jets
Left carb - 80
Right carb - 150

Pilot Mixture screw turns out:
Left carb - 3
Right carb - 2

Starter Jet number - 95
Throttle Valve number - 80

Mercedes Training doesent teach you about raptors...LOL
This was takes straight from the Service Manual...exactly as u said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

-bLuRRRR27-

RacerRob 06-23-2004 01:46 AM

Sick...thanx for the more detailed settings. I'm making a list of things to do for Thursday when I dismantle the 660 and look it over with a magnifying glass to make sure its ready for the second half of the season.....BRAAAAAAPPPPP..BRAAAAAAAP!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

sixsixT 06-23-2004 11:10 AM

Originally posted by: XXxxSiCk660xxXX
Stock settings:

Jet Needle Clip groove position, 3
Main jets
Left carb - 140
Right carb - 145

Pilot air jets
Left carb - 80
Right carb - 150

Pilot Mixture screw turns out:
Left carb - 3
Right carb - 2

Starter Jet number - 95
Throttle Valve number - 80

Mercedes Training doesent teach you about raptors...LOL
This was takes straight from the Service Manual...exactly as u said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

-bLuRRRR27-
You left out the pilot jet numbers there slick. Better go back and hit the books.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

From what I've seen from Yamaha mechanics they don't get much training on how to work on a raptor either.LOL

Catalac 06-23-2004 11:37 AM

Racer Bob... Listen to Sixsixt NOT XXxxdick660xxXX he's a putz.

bLuRRRR27 06-23-2004 12:16 PM

a putz huh BWA HAHAHA...my info is spot on...

maddog56 06-23-2004 06:58 PM

Anyone can copy numbers from a book. Stock is mikuni 140 left/145 right with 22.5 needles and 2.5 turns out on the air/fuel screws for both carbs. 99% sure on the needles.

bLuRRRR27 06-23-2004 10:10 PM

soo genius where the he11 else would i get it??? I mean we want facts here dont we...not just some random numbers???

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

-bLuRRRR27-

FaSsO 06-24-2004 01:12 AM

Hey sixsixt,

Where did you get the Dual K&N air box eliminater adapter setup from i wanna do that same thing u got on your raptor to mine detailed information please and how much is it going to run me?? Thanks

sixsixT 06-24-2004 01:18 AM

Originally posted by: FaSsO
Hey sixsixt,

Where did you get the Dual K&N air box eliminater adapter setup from i wanna do that same thing u got on your raptor to mine detailed information please and how much is it going to run me?? Thanks
I made it.

FaSsO 06-24-2004 02:00 AM

Hey sixsixt,

Thanks For The Help.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

blkrose74 09-23-2010 11:22 AM

sir are the factory carb settings for a raptor 3 turns out left 2 turns out right i would appreciate the help my name is brad nice to meet you??????????

mrbios 11-21-2016 03:23 AM

2003 Raptor 660 carb cleaning...

2 Attachment(s)
Just removed and cleaned a 2003 Raptor 660 that a friend bought used 3 years ago and it has been sitting more than 3 years with old gas.

I was interested in the stock jet sizes. This one had 160 / 165 for the mains and 22.5 for the pilot jets. The other odd idle jet I didn't record the #'s on it is very very small similar to the pilot jet. Both float needles were stuck and I need carb cleaner and a pliers to remove them. What a chore.... Remove, clean, reinstall took over 6 hrs including repairing previously stripped screws by slotting them with a dremel.

Bobby Strader 03-21-2017 01:13 PM

I'm new to the Forum any help will be appreciated I have an 04 660 Raptor stock except for White Brothers full exhaust it seems to cut out and sputter about 3/4 throttle do I need to change the Jets if so what do they need to be please Help..Help..Help.. cause sometimes you just need Full Throttle LOL

David Moody 06-12-2019 06:12 PM

sixsixt,"05 660/719,,stroked, bbk,stage 3 hc sparks bigcore proform airfilter open airbox...160/165 mains,27.5 pilots, 21/2 turns on air screws .needle in bottom clip. problem is busting out in wot,a little backfire after reving. ran great before adding proform airfilter.changed mains from 150/170 now runs like crap. can you help me? thanks for your time and knowledge.........., david moody.first bike i ever built. pm me at moody2558@gmail.com and thanks again

Black660r 06-17-2019 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by sixsixT (Post 1202577)
You left out the pilot jet numbers there slick. Better go back and hit the books.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

From what I've seen from Yamaha mechanics they don't get much training on how to work on a raptor either.LOL

So I have a problem I changed all of the Jets back to stock because I was having popping and backfiring now I still have a little backfiring and can get to a higher Rev but don't know what to do now

Black660r 06-17-2019 08:00 PM

2002 660 raptor

So I have a problem I changed all of the Jets back to stock because I was having popping and backfiring now I still have a little backfiring and can get to a higher Rev but don't know what to do now