ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   yamaha beartracker (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/161805-yamaha-beartracker.html)

fanninator 06-30-2004 02:08 AM

yamaha beartracker

Hey everybody, 1st time poster and i have a question, i have a 2000 beartracker 250 (its really a 230 not a 250, they just callem a 250) and i love this machine but i am needing more power, the prob. is they dont make 2 many motor mods for these. its a 5speed auto clutch, shaft drive and i was wonderin if they can be bored? if so how much $ would this run me? also if not what could i do for more power other than a pipe, its bone stock right now...motor wise. anyways, thanks for any help u can get me

2004LEBANSHEE 06-30-2004 11:07 AM

yamaha beartracker

I had a 01 tracker and I bought the fmf mega MaxII pipe and it didn't do $hit. So I sold it and bought my shee. Never looked back. HAHAH

fanninator 06-30-2004 03:51 PM

yamaha beartracker

haha thanks, so the mega max does nothin but make it louder? i heard they make it really loud...but anyways thanks i just saved like 200 haha L8R

2004LEBANSHEE 06-30-2004 06:15 PM

yamaha beartracker

its a typical 4 stroke pipe, Loud with a lil throttle response. Not worth 200

fanninator 07-02-2004 07:00 AM

yamaha beartracker

i kinda thought, hey that 200 would go a long way on a used blaster or somthin haha, so have u noticed a very big difference in the tracker and the shee? i think the tracker might get killed in accel. but it would kill the shee in top speed, no not really, the top speed is awful, it tops out so easy. but i turned 16 june 30th and im gettina job in the next week or 2 and im thinkin bout buyin a blaster w/ cracked plastic and buy new plastic off of ebay and end up savin alot of $, also i have rode a blaster just for a few min not 2 long. well not long nuff 2 c if i liked it or not but my bud already sold it and got a 400ex...(trader...shoulda stayed blue, 3days afer he bought his 400, which was brand new, he couldnt get it started haha) but i just wana c if i like 2strokes or not, but i do a decent amount of haulin and im gona keep the tracker for haulin, tuggin and muddin thanks L8R - fanninator

NEWDUCK 07-08-2004 01:52 PM

yamaha beartracker

buy a 350 big bear motor.

fanninator 07-09-2004 01:25 AM

yamaha beartracker

is that what u did newduck? how much more power n speed is there? awesome idea, how much could i pick 1 up 4? and r they hard 2 put in? thanks

NEWDUCK 07-09-2004 05:30 PM

yamaha beartracker

havent got mine done all the way. just a few more motor mounts. i got my motor for 350. do you have a welder. if you have a shop it is farily easy to put in just takes a while to do all the measurments.

fanninator 07-09-2004 06:45 PM

yamaha beartracker

placin it wouldnt b that hard part, its would b the wiring i think. my bud has a wire feed mig.

batmanacw 07-10-2004 11:57 PM

yamaha beartracker

I have a bear tracker for a second machine. I put a quad Works power kit in and wow what a difference. It comes with a K&N, Outerwares, and Dyno jet kit. I pulled out of the shop and started down the gravel road. It spun all the way through 2nd, then 3rd, and I was fish tailing in 4th before it started to calm down. My nefew loves it now. Don't let people talk you out of a K&N filter. I check the intake all the time and it is always clean.