ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Raptor Shocks from 400ex they Fit (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/166446-raptor-shocks-400ex-they-fit.html)

RedNeckMXRider2 07-31-2004 10:12 PM

Raptor Shocks from 400ex they Fit

bought a pair of 400ex shocks today took the raptor shocks off put the new 400ex shocks on and they fitted easily Works very well ,much Improved over the stock raptor shocks

RaptorOwner 07-31-2004 10:14 PM

What??? I have never heard of a 400ex riding smoother than a Raptor. Those are the worst shocks to put on the Raptor if you ask me. If I were you, I would try riding a Raptor with Works shocks at least, then you will know what smooth riding is all about. The Raptor shocks are not smooth but the 400ex's are no way better!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

RedNeckMXRider2 07-31-2004 10:19 PM

Hey im sorry if you dont like them but for $50 i couldnt turn them down and my raptor shocks were worn out completly i could do a wheelie and the bumper would almost hit the ground

Raptorboy4life 07-31-2004 10:21 PM

try yfz shocks!!!!!! they are a huge imrovement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ss97 07-31-2004 11:02 PM

Raptor shocks will fit a Warrior right? Or so I've read here.

If that's true, then will 400ex and YFZ shocks also fit a Warrior? I'd like to upgrade my Warrior shocks but I can't afford to go Works or Elka right now. Something stock would be much cheaper but stilil better.

Raptorboy4life 08-01-2004 12:31 AM

you wont kno a dif. stock is stock right"""

RAPTORAZ 08-01-2004 12:36 AM

Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
What??? I have never heard of a 400ex riding smoother than a Raptor. Those are the worst shocks to put on the Raptor if you ask me. If I were you, I would try riding a Raptor with Works shocks at least, then you will know what smooth riding is all about. The Raptor shocks are not smooth but the 400ex's are no way better!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I disagree. I think my 400EX's front end soaks up hits much better than my Raptor. The rear is a different story though. I can carry more speed through the whoops on my Raptor.

RedNeckMXRider2 08-01-2004 11:37 AM

Originally posted by: RAPTORAZ

Originally posted by: RaptorOwner

I disagree. I think my 400EX's front end soaks up hits much better than my Raptor. The rear is a different story though. I can carry more speed through the whoops on my Raptor.
Thank you RaptorAZ at least some body knows how much better 400ex front shocks are than raptors

DelawareRaptor 08-01-2004 09:20 PM

I have yfz shocks on the front of my Raptor. I don't have stock A-arms, I run wicked products +2+1 arms. I know for a fact the YFZ will not "just bolt on" to a Raptor. The top mounts need some material ground away and the bottom has to have a hole cut into the bottom plate of the lower A-arm.

Hayseed 08-02-2004 03:19 PM

Originally posted by: ss97
Raptor shocks will fit a Warrior right? Or so I've read here.

If that's true, then will 400ex and YFZ shocks also fit a Warrior? I'd like to upgrade my Warrior shocks but I can't afford to go Works or Elka right now. Something stock would be much cheaper but stilil better.
Raptor shocks are about an inch longer than warrior shocks. I believe I read on this forum about someone doing it because they had to compress the shock to get it on the warrior. I know the warrior shocks are shorter because I'm running them on my Raptor to make it wider/lower. Same ride but increased stability.