ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   ITP Mudlite vs. Kenda Bear Claw for Big Bear (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/166688-itp-mudlite-vs-kenda-bear-claw-big-bear.html)

Muddkid12 08-02-2004 05:31 PM

ITP Mudlite vs. Kenda Bear Claw for Big Bear

I was wondering what you guys thought would be a better tire in 25's riding for a Yamaha Big Bear

UGLY88 08-02-2004 05:59 PM

I HAVE THE MUDLITES IN A 25" ON A WOLVERINE AND I LIKE THEM. I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH THE BEAR CLAWS THOUGH?

Muddkid12 08-02-2004 09:22 PM

ok thanks
anyone else?

HughJazz 08-03-2004 02:43 AM

I run bear claws on everything I own work really good in the mud and snow

Carmelo15 08-03-2004 03:14 AM

get bear claws, i havent had any real experience on the but hughjazz and i both know up here the most trusted and popular mud/snow tire is the bearclaw, just about every 4x4 has them even a good number of the sport quads. i heard mudlites have bad tire wear..

edgerider 08-03-2004 06:03 PM

I would get the Mudlites. I have them in 25's on my BB and love them. The only time I have gotten stuck since I put them on was when I was sitting on my frame. The BB will do great with any tire that's on it but I put the Mudlites on for both mud and trail riding. They have a smooth design and are really light for anything in the 400 class. In my mind they are the perfect tire for the all-around ATVer who just wants to have fun.

Lomax 08-03-2004 06:20 PM

I run 27 Bear Claws on my Big Bear and i think they are a very good tire. I wont say which one is going to do better than the other in the mud but the Claws do a great job for me, plus the ride better and have a much better wear life than the Mud Lites.

sp500LE 08-07-2005 12:34 AM

Get the supergrip tires from xopco.com. they have the same tread design as the mudlites and they ride better. they are also alot cheaper than mudlites too.

Andy Bassham 08-07-2005 02:18 AM

Depends on what you are going to do. Bear Claws are just an average aftermarket tire in the mud (better than stock for sure though), and Mudlites will outperform them. On the other hand, Bear Claws are a great trail tire, and any mud tire will be below par on trails compared to an all terain tire of just about any kind.

Muddkid12 08-09-2005 11:55 PM

thanks for all your imput.i have not yet purchased tires but I am going to in the future and I will keep this in mind when purchasing them.