Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

First ride on a Raptor..................

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2000, 09:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bash, one of my thoughts exactly. Bone stock DS here went 15.17@78 was 3 weeks old and went down the track twice. Two friends are getting raptors here and they will be at the track a few weeks after they get them.

QuickDS

Old 08-30-2000, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

JIGA, you can come ride mine. I talked to the guy's at Yamaha of Texas and they are saying any day now. I am the first one on their list. As soon as I get it, I am going to either Rocky Ridge or Flying P.

Old 08-30-2000, 11:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

joey1, your full of it sweetie pie! I race piped banshee's on my stock DS650 and run with them or beat them to 70mph on sand. With a pipe and carb I beat quite a few modified banshees at little sahara in OK. The raptor has about the same HP as the DS. I've never been beaten by a stock banshee and never will.

Old 08-30-2000, 12:25 PM
Range Rover

You are not going to our run anything with a cracked cylinder. Just face it the Banshee is a better quad than the DS especially in the reliability department. Who cares, I have beaten DS's with my Banshee but just ride.

Old 08-30-2000, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

Scooby, when are you getting that cylinder replaced? What about the supercharger? I'll take you on with my piped Banshee or my stock Raptor next time you go to Little Sahara.

I'll be moving to Lewisville after the first of the year. Do you ever do any riding around there in north Texas?

Old 08-30-2000, 03:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

How could joey1 have broken in the Raptor already? During a drag race the RPMs are way up continuously. I doubt he would rev a new engine like that before it has been broken in.

Old 08-30-2000, 03:19 PM
Banned

You have a valid point Scooby. The engine is still very tight. You would have to at least put 5-10 hours on the machine.

IronBear

Old 08-30-2000, 09:55 PM
Trailblazer

Couldnt tell you what has more or less top end, we raced a modified Banshee, a stock Raptor, and a DS 650 with pipe and carb, and the results were the same no matter who was on the bike, we raced at 100 yards and a quartermile, not really sure if the DS could pull the Raptor after that, when the end of the 1/4 mile came up the Raptor was out in front of the DS, the Raptor just pulls so much harder than the DS down low. Im just sharing my experiences with these bikes, take it for what you will! All I know for sure is the Banshee ate both of those bikes, even though the Banshee is built.

Old 08-30-2000, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

ok as for DS's racing at little sahara i'm there all the time and I have to practically beg them to race me and i've got a 400ex(rapter due any day)by the way the ds spanked me, it might have been you scooby this ds had a pipe and carb too but all the ds's want to do is watch, no offense but get out there and race somebody,who cares if you lose i do all the time but its the addrenaline rush at the start line that gets me hooked to go back and lose(i can beat some 400's mines got curtis sparks pipe,jet kit,filter,seems to run better than most 400's)anyway you in arlington,we ride at rocky ridge all the time not to much at flying p(too boring except for the track)give me a hollar when you get yours and we'll hook up and run em,have some fun, you can come too scooby and anyone else too, cool to meet new people, ya'll camp or go just for the day? anyway doesn't matter who wins or loses just so long as you have fun and don't get hurt,right!!! I like all 3 and 4 wheelers so if i put anybody down sorry......as long as your having fun!!!!

Old 08-30-2000, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

Hey Joey1, no offense but I think you are full of stinky stuff that comes from the *** of an ape! How about a picture of the Raptor with your girlfriend on it? I personally doubt you have either one. Hehe

Quick Reply: First ride on a Raptor..................