ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Is the YFZ front end as light as a Raptor (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/176054-yfz-front-end-light-raptor.html)

Sixgun 10-12-2004 03:24 PM

Is the YFZ front end as light as a Raptors

I own a Raptor and I can't seem to keep the front end down as much as I want to while riding. This was quite apperent this weekend when I flipped it over while climbing a hill during a race. I have been contemplating on selling out for a YFZ but I have never riden one. I'm just looking for some feedback on the YFZ and if they have a similar problem even in the slightest way. Another question is that if I add a pipe on my Raptor is this increase in HP and torque going to make the front end pop up even easier and more frequent.

1BADRAPTOR 10-12-2004 03:54 PM

Is the YFZ front end as light as a Raptor

Dont blame the quad cuz you cant ride up a hill, the YFZ wont be any better if you dont learn to lean forward up a hill..JMO

I have climbed plenty of hill and if you rollover straight back you got some practice to do... But nothing wrong with that just isent the bike, next you will probabley tip over and call the raptor tippy...LOL

RaptorOwner 10-12-2004 03:59 PM

Originally posted by: 1BADRAPTOR
Dont blame the quad cuz you cant ride up a hill, the YFZ wont be any better if you dont learn to lean forward up a hill..JMO

I have climbed plenty of hill and if you rollover straight back you got some practice to do... But nothing wrong with that just isent the bike, next you will probabley tip over and call the raptor tippy...LOL
Also a extended swingarm will help greatly on climbing hills. You can get a JTM extention for under 300.00 that will extend your swingarm 4.5 inches.

Sixgun 10-12-2004 04:09 PM

I do appreciate your honesty, as that is what I have been coming to grips with. I need a lot more riding practice on a quad. They are a bit different than a bike I must say. Its my first quad and I guess I need to get my ass off the seat more. It's good news to hear someone else tell me that its not the quad because I like my raptor and I don't feel like buying a new quad and all the add on parts for another one anyway.

2004LEBANSHEE 10-12-2004 05:21 PM

The raps a good quad. It doent matter what quad you have your gonna have to adjust your riding style to the quad. Every quad has something that you need to adjust your riding too. JMO

Performance 10-12-2004 05:50 PM

I own both, and yes the Raptor is more likely to pop up. The YFZ has a longer wheelbase, and is lower to the ground than the Raptor. That being said you also have to adjust your riding style. My Raptor has a +3 swingarm and it helped alot.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Stoppie 10-12-2004 06:15 PM

The Raptor front end sits up higher than the YFZ. just my 2 pennies

MasterRaptor 10-12-2004 07:51 PM

I think the front end on the 450 is heavier than the Raptor...it don't pop all the time up like the Raptor's. I also think that the 450 has more of a problem getting traction than the Raptor because of this difference in balance.

When I race my buddy's 450 in the desert, I walk away from him pretty far. On the street, he stays pretty close.