Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

i think im getting a quad for xmas... prolly a blaster

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 10:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i think im getting a quad for xmas... prolly a blaster

so i like ride a cr125 and stuff and ive been riding for... ::thinks:: ....7 years now. i usually ride dirtbikes at my dads, but i have quads at my moms. i live at my moms during the schoolweek and got o my dads on weekends, visa versa during the summer. so my dad is moving and ill be keeping the same schedule as i do now, with the exception of going to his house on weekends. alrighty i guess thats enough of my life story... on to the question-ish thing

so since my dad is moving, my stepdad was planning on buying me a new dirtbike. my mom wasnt suposed to tell me, but she did. i told her id rather have a quad for a change. at first i was unsre what to get, but it hink a blaster would be best for price and performance. my best friend has one. so like he said that its a good idea to buy the thing that makes you premix your gas instead of doing it seperately like you're suposed to. cuz i guess the thing like... fails and the engine blows up or something.

okie...s o i dont know what im trying to get at here... oh no i got it. i meant to ask like what things should i plan on doing to it when i get it? like i am gonna buy that thing my frend was talkign about as soon as i can, its $33 or something. then is there anything i should replace on it? i plan on using the stock tires until i need new ones. we ride mostly hard packed dirt trails, with a little road-riding to get to where we need to. a little is too much for me, but we live in the suburbs.

uhhh.... i guess i should stop talkign now rite? okie so like..... ya au revoir.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Range Rover

Well if you have seven years experience i would recommend something bigger. But it all depends on your size and your budget. I got a blaster, but it was my first machine and i cant really afford anything better lol. I love my blaster. Its an extremely fun quad

Old 11-16-2004, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

im about 5' 10" and 150lbs

my friend is prolly 6" and 190lbs and he has one

but ya i was at first worried about it being too small, but the price is so damn tempting that joo cant go wrong... especially since its not my money

whoa whoa whoa.. what was i thinking? ive only been riding for like 4 years now... where did i get 7 from?

Old 11-16-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

well i got a blaster as my first quad and it was a awsome machine very fun but damn they are so small

Old 11-16-2004, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

yea they are a little on the small side...i want something else[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2004, 11:11 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: ZakkFan
so i like ride a cr125
If you are used to the power and the suspension of a CR125 you will be disappointed in the Blaster.

Old 11-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

I came from a KMX125 straight to the Raptor,beleive me the Blaster will be too underpowered compared to what your used to.

Old 11-17-2004, 07:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] i wasnt quite looking for snappy power in a quad, but i guess thats what ill be getting, seeing as how this so is cheap. at least i have rode a blaster before, so i know what its like. not to mention i didnt ride my dirtbike all summer long. and this is the wrong board, but how is that polaris phoenix that i keep seeing on the top of the page?

Old 11-17-2004, 08:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

so anything i should get for it when i get it? besides trhat cut off thing and prolly nerf bars as soon as i get the money

Old 11-17-2004, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

maybe look at the new rappy 350. sort of a happy medium between the two.

Quick Reply: i think im getting a quad for xmas... prolly a blaster