ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   help raptor vs banshee, which one?? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/180813-help-raptor-vs-banshee-one.html)

700Hemi 11-20-2004 12:24 PM

help raptor vs banshee, which one??

Hi, I am purchasing another sport quad. I am used to two strokes and have owned a couple banshees and a quadzilla. I love the banshee but my dealer has a pretty sweet deal on an 02 Raptor. He also has a 03 Banshee for the same price. I would normally jump all over the banshee but the raptor is absolutely mint and the shee is a little rough. Both are piped and have decent rubber..so for the same price, which one should I buy??

maxrpm 11-20-2004 12:34 PM

You can't go wrong with either. I chose a Raptor because it seems to be a little less maintainance and feels a little faster stock. You've had two strokes so why not try a Raptor..............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Yfz450VsBanshee 11-20-2004 01:22 PM

If you are use to 2 strokes then you should just get the banshee. But you never know if you want to try something new then the Raptor would also be a good choice. The decision really comes do to what you want.

If the Raptor is in mint condition that could be a good deal. A pipe Raptor(jetted correctly) runs pretty good. A piped Banshee also runs pretty good. Once again it comes down to what you want. Be sure to ask the dealer if there was any problems with either of them.

Shav0 11-20-2004 01:45 PM

Banshee[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TJw6981 11-20-2004 01:47 PM

RAPTOR, OMG OMG TOURQUE! lol, good luck with your choice!

YFZ660R 11-20-2004 02:43 PM

Get the raptor, try something new that I know for sure will satify you. The banshee though is a great quad, it's fast, but also the raptor is fast. I read that the banshee was double carb well the raptor is also. The raptor and the banshee are about the same in the dunes, but the rappy i say will take in the trails, one advantage because it has reverse.

DuneRider650 11-20-2004 05:42 PM

banshee

Vunit 11-20-2004 05:48 PM

Raptor sound like a sweet deal it's mint piped what else, also like everyone is saying it's good to try something new so why not get the raptor. Banshee's are still a sick quad and i would take one any day.

1ShotScott 11-20-2004 05:51 PM

I would try somthing new it might make the the four stroke thumper your new fav.

yamahawarriormods 11-20-2004 08:39 PM

thats tough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] iwould probaly go with the shee wait no the raptor yeh the raptor