ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Problem With Grizzly?? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/181795-problem-grizzly.html)

Bwanna 11-29-2004 07:25 AM

Problem With Grizzly??

I am considering buying a 2005 grizzly. i have been tlod not to due to problems with overheating fuel line in the 04s. I have a friend who this has happend to. Is it common a common problem, if not can you tell me the CONs of the Grizz?

Dru

SkoolBoy 11-29-2004 01:09 PM

Problem With Grizzly??

i heard that was a problem but tey fixed it for the 05...i have a 05 SE grizz and not one problem yet...gotta love the smooth ride..5adjustable settings on the shocks..digital gas gauge...reverse overide...nice promotions by yamaha...its a good deal and good quad...give it a shot..

WyoBullRydr 11-29-2004 08:40 PM

Problem With Grizzly??

I have an '04 and have not had any kind of overheating problems at all. This is the first I have heard of it. What's the deal? A overheating fule line?

OGGYDOGGY 11-29-2004 09:42 PM

Problem With Grizzly??

Bwanna,
I have an 04 griz and have 750mi. on it . I have not exp. this prob. Although my friend has an 03 that he had a recall on with the fuel I thought he said something about a heat shield or fuel line. The cons to me on the griz are not much. I am 6' 1'' and weigh 280. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . So it does not feel too top heavy to me. It does not win any shoot outs but, goes anywhere any other quads will go, maybe not as fast as a KQ or the real KING OF TORQUE the BF. IT WILL GO THROUGH THE SAME MUD HOLES AND CLIMB JUST AS GOOD. I have done it. I do like the BF though my buddy and I were on the mudflats of our local lake about 3/4 mile run. I took off before him and he blew by me like nothin'. I still say what I got the griz for was worth it. $6350 base price new. I say GO FOR IT !!!

muddog660 11-29-2004 09:59 PM

Problem With Grizzly??

go for the Grizz...the fuel line issue has been solved in the 2004's and newer...i've a 2002 the first year for the 660cc engine in the Grizz...i've only heard of this problem but never encountered it...what happens is the fuel heats up enough (from exhaust heat and less efficient air flow around the engine) to boil in the gas tank creating vapor which doesn't burn as good as liquid gasoline...this is fixed by a free heatfighter kit by Yamaha...they have addressed the problem and solved it...my Grizz has the heatfighter kit installed which consists of heat shielding the bottom of the gas tank and heat shields on some gas lines and having vented side panels to allow more air to flow around the engine to help cool it...i must say i love my Grizz......here's pics of my Grizz in action in the mud and other pics of my bike...check em out and see whatcha think...
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/g_force_racing_i4

ridinhigh 11-30-2004 12:13 AM

Problem With Grizzly??

O wow, the Grizz with the traks gives me wood. Is that Amsteel cable stronger and is it made from the same type of material? Oh, and how long did them lights last on the back? I did the same thing and swear they were the excact same lights. My lasted about a month, they got demolished.

muddog660 11-30-2004 10:55 AM

Problem With Grizzly??

lights are still on there and i love em...just hafta make sure that you have them rightside up so the water can drain outta them...the Amsteel Blue is not a cable but a rope...just go to www.okoffroad.com and check it out...it's got a higher strength than the same diameter steel cable and won't cut your hands or kink or anything...i love that stuff...yah i about crapped when i saw that Grizz with tracks...it was awesome

WyoBullRydr 11-30-2004 09:07 PM

Problem With Grizzly??

Now, just for conversation, what would the tracks cost??????

ridinhigh 11-30-2004 11:10 PM

Problem With Grizzly??

They are a little over $2400. Yes that does sound like alot but its cheaper than a snowmobile, and you can use them all year round. Damn, I wish I had the money.

muddog660 11-30-2004 11:14 PM

Problem With Grizzly??

yah the final price of that Grizz in my pics was 7200 msrp for the Grizz and 2000 for the tracks...that's around 10,500 with tax and everything...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]...although expensive...very cool