ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   2 stroke oil question and where to buy it? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/187499-2-stroke-oil-question-where-buy.html)

BURKEDADDY 01-16-2005 07:36 PM

2 stroke oil question and where to buy it?

hello just had my banshee delivered to my front door a hour ago,man alot differnt than the raptor.but i was wondering what oil everyone uses and if theres some where online to get it cheap i want to buy it in bulk.also if any of the brands smell any differnt when burned?been a long time since i rode a banshee the banshee i rode last was a 1996 and the year was also 1996.

thank you for any help you can give me.

WheelieKing 01-16-2005 07:50 PM

I really like Klotz R50. You can buy 1 gallon containers at the dealership or cataloge (rockymoutain). Have fun with the Banshee. What year is it? Any mods?

WheelieKing 01-16-2005 07:53 PM

And yes, different oils smell different when burned, Klotz has an awsome racy smell. I love it. I've tryed some oils that smelled like garbage!

86LT250RFatty 01-16-2005 08:02 PM

I ran Golden Spectro Synthetic/Polyurathen(i think thats it?) at 32:1

maddog56 01-16-2005 08:35 PM

Mmmm, Klotz is just so good...

Golden Spectro is in the garage too.

BURKEDADDY 01-16-2005 08:48 PM

Originally posted by: WheelieKing
I really like Klotz R50. You can buy 1 gallon containers at the dealership or cataloge (rockymoutain). Have fun with the Banshee. What year is it? Any mods?
yea its a 1998 420 bigbore 17cc domes flatside 34mm mikuni carbs.port and polish trued and welded crank lightened flywheel timing advance plate and a few others i cant remember right now.cant wait till all this mud is gone. tryed it in the mud anyway, fun bike so far i dont know which one i like better yet the raptor or the banshee[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

BURKEDADDY 01-16-2005 08:50 PM

Originally posted by: WheelieKing
And yes, different oils smell different when burned, Klotz has an awsome racy smell. I love it. I've tryed some oils that smelled like garbage!
i was asking because ive been behind some 2stroke dirt bikes before and some of them smelled like sheeet very unpleasnt smell[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

86LT250RFatty 01-16-2005 08:53 PM

they make this stuff you can put in your gas that can make it smell like strawberry, root bear, all this stuff.

2fun 01-16-2005 08:55 PM

Amsoil Dominator is good stuff also.
I used to run the Amsoil series 2000, but it was replaced with the Dominator stuff.
I run all my 2-strokes with Amsoil mixed at 50:1

Has worked well for me for many many years.

BURKEDADDY 01-16-2005 08:57 PM

yeah i saw some of that stuff on ebay and i posted a question a while ago under banshee fragrance. one guy said he used it in his rc cars he said it helped a little and the pipes smelled like vanilla.