ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Yosh Comp vs. LTE Dual (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/190956-yosh-comp-vs-lte-dual.html)

Courtney 02-09-2005 01:47 PM

Yosh Comp vs. LTE Dual

I’ve done the searching and narrowed it down to 2 pipes. The Yosh Comp or the LTE duals for my raptor 660.

I already have an Edlebrock carb and a K&N strait filter for the Rap. Now I am looking to add a pipe that delivers good power throughout the power band and has noise under 96db. I also need a quite option under 93db for the Oregon dunes.

Everything I have read says good things about the LTE’s except the price. $700+
The Yosh seems to be very popular.

Opinions are like…, let’s just say that everyone has one. I would like to hear what everyone else thinks about these two pipes. Noise, power, durability, etc. Thanks.

Banshee392 02-09-2005 02:29 PM

Yosh Comp vs. LTE Dual

The Yoshimura no doubt.

tecc77 02-09-2005 02:31 PM

Yosh Comp vs. LTE Dual

I'm a LTE dual owner. I'm sure you have read plenty about these pipes. Most important thing to remember is its a top end pipe. I just recently put a 12 tooth on to really wake up my second gear. I would recommened LTE pipes for and increase in power and great looks. You'll be answering questions all day about them. They also sound amazing. Yoshi makes a awesome pipe setup as well. I don't think either pipe will do you wrong. LTE's are loud, they have quiet cores but it brings you down to 96db I think. Without the cores and you will not be sneaking up on anyone.

There have been complaints of the LTE's adding power in the wrong places. I guess it depends on how you ride. If you race more than ride I would say go with the Yoshi's. If your a weekend warrior go LTE's.

I would like to ask out of all the awesome pipes out there how you narrowed it down to these 2?

Rockinfigs 02-09-2005 02:50 PM

Yosh Comp vs. LTE Dual

I like the yosh.

Courtney 02-09-2005 04:54 PM

Yosh Comp vs. LTE Dual

Originally posted by: tecc77
There have been complaints of the LTE's adding power in the wrong places. I guess it depends on how you ride. If you race more than ride I would say go with the Yoshi's. If your a weekend warrior go LTE's.
You mention the LTE's are a top end pipe and the Yosh is more of a race pipe. I am not sure I follow this. I would think the all around pipe would be better for the weekend warrior. Or are you suggesting that the LTE has a broader feel than the Yosh?

Originally posted by: tecc77
I would like to ask out of all the awesome pipes out there how you narrowed it down to these 2?
I spent a couple days reading as much as I could. (The global search tool is very handy. Search all forums for "Raptor" and "pipe". You get tons.) I got a mental list of pipes by popularity & performance. Then started looking at power vs noise. I needed to be quiter and that seemed to eliminate a lot of pipes. My top list was Yosh, Sparks x-6, LTE Duals, MBRP.

From the reading I cam up with the following: Max power seems to be the sparks and LTE. Yosh gets a lot of general praise but slightly less HP. MBRP had several posts for good power and noise so I kept it around. Eventually I dropped the MBRP because it didn't seem to be as common. (And their web site has virtually no info on it.) I dropped the Sparks because it seemed to be marginal on my low noise requirement.

That left me with the Yosh and LTE.

Right now I sit like this: The LTE seems to have great power. And I saw several posts about guys with LTE's getting tested by officials & coming in under the Oregon Dune 93db req. But the LTE's have a premimum price.

And the Yosh. Well, you cannot go wrong getting a Yosh pipe.

I am a little concerned with the LTE crossover pipe. I worry about it getting in the way with my single edelbrock carb. It is huge and might hit. I had to move it back so it cleared the starter better. I am not sure how the LTE will fit through there. If anyone has any detail pics of the crossover, I would love to see them.

CoyoteRiverRaptor 02-09-2005 05:01 PM

Yosh Comp vs. LTE Dual

Let me think about this, hmmm, my garage looks like a Yamaha Raptor 660 exhaust pipe grave yard. I could host my own shoot out.

Stock - OK
WB - better
FMF - same and different at the same time
Big Gun - nice sound
Full Yoshi Ti - rocked, loud, very loud
Full Yoshi Ti/Carbon Fiber - same as Ti accept looked cooler, couldn't handle the flow of my 727
LTE - I love these pipes, they look cool and sound cool. After 28 years in the military, I still try my best to follow the rules. I love going to the Oregon dunes, these pipes have spark screens and quiet cores.

I drove my engine builder insane going back and forth over getting the Barkers. I really liked the way the Barker pipes were mellow sounding and had the best power for modified motors. I just refused to cut my plastic. Also, I go on very long dune rides, having an exposed pipe is "not" an option.

Chet

tecc77 02-09-2005 05:14 PM

Yosh Comp vs. LTE Dual

COURTNEY- I have plenty pics of my pipes. Send me your email address and when I get home I will email them to you. That way you can see about your clearances.

With the pipes I was just saying what I've read. They say LTE's add power in the wrong places? Personally I found it to be in the right place ( right behind the throttle ) .

I agree with Coyote, if I had to do it again................... LTE's all the way!!!!!!!!!!

duneittilludie 02-09-2005 11:39 PM

Yosh Comp vs. LTE Dual

I can give the LTE a very good review after riding for one full season on the dunes with them on my 690.The LTE is a mid range to top end pipe as far as where it delivers its power but it is no slouch in the bottom end either.I dont have any input on whether or not it would work with your edelbrock carb but the fit and finish are very good and the sound is unique in a good way.When you make your decision on pipes i would consider the fact that the LTE is probably one of the best choices if you plan on doing any major modifications such as larger bore and higher compression.Now that i have my 690 dialed in and running strong i am very impressed with the performance the LTE puts out and as i said if you build your motor in the future i think you cant go wrong with the LTE.

blindside350 02-10-2005 12:04 AM

Yosh Comp vs. LTE Dual

I go for Yoshi....don't ask......

But for oregon dunes they don't enforce 93db.... UNLESS you are really pissing people by riding loud/fast by their campground or just being an @ss.... Expect to be fine unless you much over 100db

Banshee392 02-10-2005 01:14 AM

Yosh Comp vs. LTE Dual

CoyoteRiverRaptor your raptor is SICK!!