Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How long do you shake the gas tank of your Banshee/Blaster before riding? How long do you warm them before riding?

Old 04-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long do you shake the gas tank of your Banshee/Blaster before riding? How long do you warm them before riding?

I've got them on file if your intrested. Pm me your email and ill send them to you.

Old 07-28-2005, 04:02 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default How long do you shake the gas tank of your Banshee/Blaster before riding? How long do you warm them before riding?

I put the oil in before adding gas, and never think about it again.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
I put the oil in before adding gas, and never think about it again.
Me too! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

I usually shake the bike for a second or two if its been sitting for any length of time between rides. (overnight)

20 seconds... Id laugh at someone if he was standing on his banshee shaking it around for 20 seconds.

As for that guy not warming up his 4 stroke... We'll see how long that motor lasts.
Jumping all over a cold engine is murder.

Why dont you sleep all night long, then RIGHT when the alarm goes off at 5am, jump out of bed and IMMEDIATELY go outside and start sprinting
as fast as you can. See how that feels. Thats what your doing with your engine, only it is metal on metal.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

on a 2stroke you will notice a difference in sound when they are warmed up and ready to ride

Old 07-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

with my blaster i just put in the oil in the gas tank at the gas station than filled it, figured the the gas coming out of the nozzle as fast as it does mixes it fine.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Mr350X
I usually shake the bike for a second or two if its been sitting for any length of time between rides. (overnight)

20 seconds... Id laugh at someone if he was standing on his banshee shaking it around for 20 seconds.

As for that guy not warming up his 4 stroke... We'll see how long that motor lasts.
Jumping all over a cold engine is murder.

Why dont you sleep all night long, then RIGHT when the alarm goes off at 5am, jump out of bed and IMMEDIATELY go outside and start sprinting
as fast as you can. See how that feels. Thats what your doing with your engine, only it is metal on metal.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I traded that bike in.

My mojave gets warmed up nice before every single ride though.