Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How long do you shake the gas tank of your Banshee/Blaster before riding? How long do you warm them before riding?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 05:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long do you shake the gas tank of your Banshee/Blaster before riding? How long do you warm them before riding?

How long do you shake the gas tank of your Banshee/Blaster before riding?

How long do you warm Banshee/Blaster before riding?

Old 04-23-2005, 08:32 AM
Range Rover
Default How long do you shake the gas tank of your Banshee/Blaster before riding? How long do you warm them before riding?

hmm problly 20-35 seconds of shakin and i usally let my blaster and yz250/125 run for like a min before i take off but then i wait another min til i run it hard

Old 04-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Use good oil and you don't have to shake it.

As for warm-up, rev it slightly above idle and blip the throttle between idle and a little above. Keep doing this until the head feels warm on a blaster, or you can feel heat from the radiator on a banshee.

Old 04-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

i shake my gas tank acouple seconds thats all. i use yamalube 2 stroke oil and i do the same thing as AlkyBurninX said about warm up

Old 04-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

You want to warm it up until the throttle feels clean and smooth. 2-strokes are very fussy about their warming up, I always make sure its up to riding temp before I take it out. I've got some pics of what happens to your piston from riding with out warming up, if your intrested in seeing them.

Old 04-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

Does it hurt four strokes to not warm them up because I don't do it too often (Or not like i should anyways)

Old 04-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Shav0
You want to warm it up until the throttle feels clean and smooth. 2-strokes are very fussy about their warming up, I always make sure its up to riding temp before I take it out. I've got some pics of what happens to your piston from riding with out warming up, if your intrested in seeing them.
It is interesting to see those pictures of the pistons riding without proper warm up.

Old 04-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Shav0
I agree.
I don't blip the throttle much during warm up, but if the cylinder is not warm to the touch (a lot warmer than my hand), I don't take off till it is.

As far as shaking the tank, I would be surprized if it should take more than 10 seconds .

Old 04-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ElectricShift
Does it hurt four strokes to not warm them up because I don't do it too often (Or not like i should anyways)
4-strokes are not as picky as 2-strokes, but you should still let it get close to operating temp before taking off on it. It WILL make your motor last longer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

warm it up till the head pipes or radiator is warm to the touch,giving a 2 smoke blips of gas in between idle.4 strokes need this too,an when a 4 stroke isnt boggy when y rev it out it is warmed up to take off on.Both engine designs need to be properly warmed up or you will have a cold seizure,all 4 corners on the pistons will hve lines on them if ya ever had a cold seizure an had to rebuild our bike.

Quick Reply: How long do you shake the gas tank of your Banshee/Blaster before riding? How long do you warm them before riding?