Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior starter clutch PLEASE HELP ME

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior starter clutch PLEASE HELP ME

LoL It was pretty funny. I kept torquing it down with a high impact socket and a 2 foot breaker bar, then It wasnt moving and it was as tight as I could get it with that breaker bar and it pissed me off so I just kicked it and BAM! it shot off... I kid you not... It SHOT off.. I went 4 feet away from my 4-wheeler... LoL. I couldnt stop laughing because it popped when it shot off. Thanks for the help. I bought a Stator but it was the wrong stator.. guy said it would fit a warrior but my guess its for a banshee... its got two pick up coils and my warrior only has one.. so I guess I have to order a new one.

Old 09-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer

Ok. I got my idler gear and my new starting motor clutch and everything back in... went to put my new stator in... its the wrong one I think... My old one has one LARGE coil and a bunch of other small ones... the One I got has all small ones... two of em are black. These are ignition coils right? And is there anyway I can hook these up to run my Single Cylinder warrior? Cause the guy I ordered them from said that this stator was for All year warriors. And I went on e-bay and looked and there was a small picture of a stator for an 02-04 warrior that looked like mine, but I cant tell. I went on a parts thing and my stator looks like the one for the Banshee. Any tips? Can I still use this stator?

Old 09-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

Anyone know about that stator?

Old 09-10-2005, 03:29 AM
Pro Rider

well i know that different year warriors had different wire connections but i wouldnt risk putting in a wrong stator becuase it could fry other things in you system like a spendy CDI box and that stuff

Old 09-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah banshees have completely different electrical systems - they run on ac instead of the warrior's dc power, banshees don't have a battery to charge up, and they have 2 pickup coils instead of one because of being a twin cylinder. Even if it didn't mess anything up, you wouldn't get enough power out of it to charge up your battery, so i'd try to work something out with the person you bought it from.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Trailblazer

Ok. Im gunna call them today when they open. The one I got sent has 15 little coils and two black ones(My guess is ignition coils) and my warrior has one Large black coil. So Im going to try and get the right part... That sucks cause I want my electric start to work... and I cant put it back together till I get the new stator... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And I need a carb kit too and a battery. *sighs* No riding this weekend..

Stator I bought off E-bay

Thats the stator I bought. Correct me if im wrong but it does say "For all year Warriors" and mines a 95 and its got a diffrent style stator. The instructions Also say its for a warrior. So I really dont know what to do. Any tips?

Old 09-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Trailblazer

Ok Well I called the company I ordered it from and I started reading the package and it says its a "High Power Ignition Stator". Its the ElectrexUSA model G43 from a YFM350 Warrior. The tech support from the place I ordered also said it would work. So I think I might hook it up and check it out. www.electrexusa.com is the company that made it. Hope this works. Any comments?

Old 09-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

is it the same size as your stock one, and does it have the same wire connections?

Old 09-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Trailblazer

It says to Splice then re-solder them. It has pretty detailed instructions. It also looks the same size... just two black coated coils.. instead of one.