Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Have these forums changed??

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have these forums changed??

Both are good looking quads it looks like you done a heck of a job on that 440 warrior. Did you make the oil tank yourself? If so it looks like good. You can tell when someone puts a little time in a project and makes it look right!

I just hope I can make my R1 Rappy turn out half as good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Later,
Mike

Old 08-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash
GOOD POINT,,,, but yes....there are still people on here that try like hell to answer any persons question we can! I am honest...heck I just rebuilt a 200x trike for a guy I met on the forum {search the ATC forum for the posts!)......my payment was beer.......Did it because I like to................We are still here....dont worry...the "kids" will be busy with school pretty soon, and the quads will sit in a shed somewhere......
my quad will never just sit in the shed...and yeah alot of the other kids on here can be pretty cocky and stuff, i help when i can tho and be cocky when i can[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

quad bashing is pointless cuz every1's on here for one purpose...RIDING!

if we all had the same quad it'd be boring[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

i think the way everythings grown has been a good thing, but i'd agree that there are alot of us "kids" on here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

when i came in here, people talked about 4x4 quads, lol. its been a while. i have learned alot from this forum, along with a few others. it does seem the guys i used to type to are mostly gone now. a young crop came in, and use so many abrevations, i need one of my sons to dictate. haha.
i find the yamaha forum to be more of a flame fest this last year, with alot of making fun of anyone with less knowledge than themselves.
it speaks alot of the respect and eagerness of the next generation i think. alot of parents need to spend more time with there offspring, and less time gaining self welth, appreciation( i know, i was like this) took me a long time to realise whats really important. i read and see are youth with no guidance, no respect, and a chip on there shoulders.( not all of corse, but here and there)
i usually tell my kids, i am smart enough to realize how little i really know. its funny, i was a genius at 15. i knew it all at 20. i startd to realise how much there was to learn at 30. now, pushing 40, i am amazed i can walk and talk at the same time, with how much more there is to learn!

Old 08-24-2005, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: mich660griz
when i came in here, people talked about 4x4 quads, lol. its been a while. i have learned alot from this forum, along with a few others. it does seem the guys i used to type to are mostly gone now. a young crop came in, and use so many abrevations, i need one of my sons to dictate. haha.
i find the yamaha forum to be more of a flame fest this last year, with alot of making fun of anyone with less knowledge than themselves.
it speaks alot of the respect and eagerness of the next generation i think. alot of parents need to spend more time with there offspring, and less time gaining self welth, appreciation( i know, i was like this) took me a long time to realise whats really important. i read and see are youth with no guidance, no respect, and a chip on there shoulders.( not all of corse, but here and there)
i usually tell my kids, i am smart enough to realize how little i really know. its funny, i was a genius at 15. i knew it all at 20. i startd to realise how much there was to learn at 30. now, pushing 40, i am amazed i can walk and talk at the same time, with how much more there is to learn!
well said. I'm single and 32 and already know what you mean. But you hit it right on the head: upbringing. I don't blame the media and pop culture or any of those easy targets. A positive home environment and a good example set by parents will fend off any silly fads and attitudes that come and go. All kids have rotten snotty side though. The key is to grow out of it. Some do, some don't. And those that don't usually get cursed with the most rotten kids.

My brother is a middle school teacher. He's around those 10-13 year olds all day. He says that he sees where the rotten kids get it from when parent-teacher day comes around.

Old 08-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

but back on the original target, it would be nice if some people made an ATV forum that required proof of age by simply paying $1 per year with a valid credit card or thru some system that recognized age by drivers lic. no..

that would filter a lot of problem at least. Nice idea...won't happen.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2stroke4ever
but back on the original target, it would be nice if some people made an ATV forum that required proof of age by simply paying $1 per year with a valid credit card or thru some system that recognized age by drivers lic. no..

I agree to a point.........but i have met some young people on here that want to learn from us older guys, and they were gratfull !!!! It makes it worth putting up with some bat crap, just for the few that you help.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:19 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash
Originally posted by: 2stroke4ever

I agree to a point.........but i have met some young people on here that want to learn from us older guys, and they were gratfull !!!! It makes it worth putting up with some bat crap, just for the few that you help.
The key to enjoying the thread is to avoid replying to the crappy threads that are posted. Even if it does infuriate you. Leave it alone and it will die. Some of the younger generations on here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] are not that bad. A few ruin it for everyone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Always been like that and always will be that way. It's human nature.

When people need help on here, for the most part, I think they get it. Some users who have been here awhile get upset, when someone ask the same rhetorical question. However, isn't that what the forum is for? Spreading information about ATV's? If you don't like the thread, then avoid it. It's not that hard.

Old 08-25-2005, 05:30 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't get all these "spin zone, posse, bored" threads. They just all of a sudden appeared like a year ago! Nothing wrong with them and no offense meant to the people that post in them! They just appeared out of nowhere. Kinda like that funky rash you get in the military, overseas in the red light districts.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2005, 05:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
Kinda like that funky rash you get in the military, overseas in the red light districts.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
ROTFLMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2005, 06:22 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: LTZevil400Kinda like that funky rash you get in the military, overseas in the red light districts.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL! Not that I've ever had a unknown type of rash[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But, there is a cure for that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Unlike the spin zone or bored thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] LOL! It's just an addiction[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Plain and simple[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] No rhyme or reason why they occur. Just a place for members to hang out and shoot the breeze about everyday nonsense. With a little atv stuff thrown in.

Quick Reply: Have these forums changed??